log2vis no multi-line support

Jerry Huang
It seems that log2vis is deprecated because it doesn't support multi-line paragraphs. See: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fribidi/2008-January/000515.html
I added a if statement that would throw an error given a multi-line paragraph.

Re: log2vis no multi-line support

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Jerry,

I am wondering, since log2vis seems to be deprecated (MapServer issue:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5491), besides spitting
out an error, is there a way to better handle line breaks?  In other
words, if we cannot use fribidi_log2vis() because it is deprecated, what
should we be using?

(Jerry's pull request: https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/5535)

(background for others: Jerry is a highschool developer contributing to
MapServer as part of the Google Code-in.   If others can help provide
feedback here or in the pull request that would be very helpful)

-jeff

On 2017-12-20 12:02 PM, Jerry Huang wrote:
> It seems that log2vis is deprecated because it doesn't support
> multi-line paragraphs. See:
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fribidi/2008-January/000515.html
> I added a if statement that would throw an error given a multi-line
> paragraph.

Re: log2vis no multi-line support

jmckenna
Administrator
Jerry please always respond to the mailing list, so all can follow..