local chapter report 2007, and meeting?

Scott Mitchell-3
1 - I have blasted off an annual report for the chapter (don't get
impressed yet, just a bunch of bullets, but it does follow the
template that Tyler has requested), please take a look and edit as you
see fit at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter_Report_2007

Deadline in two days (Feb 15), I'm afraid - just in time delivery here.

2 - I guess we all got busy and I certainly didn't register that the
calendar flipped yet again.  Was there any talk at the January meeting
about what to do in Feb?  Any presentations waiting in the wings?
Even if there aren't, is there any appetite for a discussion-over-beer
meeting?  I can book the place if there's interest.  The 21st or the
28th are both fine for me, or we can work ahead for a beginning of
March meeting.

Cheers,
Scott

Re: local chapter report 2007, and meeting?

Philippe Vachon
Hi Scott/Everyone,

I'd advocate a Feb 21 meeting if we're going for a meeting this month --
this works well for me as it is reading week. Anyone else have any
thoughts?

I don't recall any presentations waiting in the wings...

Cheers,
Phil

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:28:19AM -0500, Scott Mitchell wrote:

> 1 - I have blasted off an annual report for the chapter (don't get
> impressed yet, just a bunch of bullets, but it does follow the
> template that Tyler has requested), please take a look and edit as you
> see fit at:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter_Report_2007
>
> Deadline in two days (Feb 15), I'm afraid - just in time delivery here.
>
> 2 - I guess we all got busy and I certainly didn't register that the
> calendar flipped yet again.  Was there any talk at the January meeting
> about what to do in Feb?  Any presentations waiting in the wings?
> Even if there aren't, is there any appetite for a discussion-over-beer
> meeting?  I can book the place if there's interest.  The 21st or the
> 28th are both fine for me, or we can work ahead for a beginning of
> March meeting.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Re: local chapter report 2007, and meeting?

Frank Warmerdam
Scott Mitchell wrote:
> 1 - I have blasted off an annual report for the chapter (don't get
> impressed yet, just a bunch of bullets, but it does follow the template
> that Tyler has requested), please take a look and edit as you see fit at:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter_Report_2007
>
> Deadline in two days (Feb 15), I'm afraid - just in time delivery here.

Scott,

I added GeoFunctions.  It looks good.

> 2 - I guess we all got busy and I certainly didn't register that the
> calendar flipped yet again.  Was there any talk at the January meeting
> about what to do in Feb?  Any presentations waiting in the wings?  Even
> if there aren't, is there any appetite for a discussion-over-beer
> meeting?  I can book the place if there's interest.  The 21st or the
> 28th are both fine for me, or we can work ahead for a beginning of March
> meeting.

I would suggest we aim for a meeting on the first Thursday of March.  I
hopeful we can have some discussions of presentations and activities around
GeoTec - in particular the possibility of an OSGeo Ottawa "day" at one end
or the other.

Next meeting

Andrew Ross-2

The 21st or March 6th work well for me

The 28th is OSBC2. In case anyone is interested in attending. The talks will
cover some more basics, content management, firewalls, and Eclipse. OSBC
runs from 4pm to 7pm. The talks are very interesting, and there's free food!

Andrew

On 13 Feb 2008, at 11:30, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>> 2 - I guess we all got busy and I certainly didn't register that
>> the calendar flipped yet again.  Was there any talk at the January
>> meeting about what to do in Feb?  Any presentations waiting in the
>> wings?  Even if there aren't, is there any appetite for a
>> discussion-over-beer meeting?  I can book the place if there's
>> interest.  The 21st or the 28th are both fine for me, or we can
>> work ahead for a beginning of March meeting.
>
> I would suggest we aim for a meeting on the first Thursday of
> March.  I
> hopeful we can have some discussions of presentations and
> activities around
> GeoTec - in particular the possibility of an OSGeo Ottawa "day" at
> one end
> or the other.

OK, then, March 6 it is.  Talking more about GeoTec certainly seems
like a good idea.

Cheers,

Scott