line label

vrbikdan
Hi,
I have two questions.

First: I have lines and I need to show labels, but I don't want to have labels in the middle of the line. I found some code for displacement (PerpendicularOffset), but it works only for some labels and some labels stay in the middle of the line :(

Second question: I have labels with special symbols (Czech language), but instead of this symbols I see some rectangles and so on. So where I could set UTF-8??

Thanks for help
Dan

P.S. Oh, one more thing. It is possible to set halo to my labels?? :)