libgeotiff 1.4.1 release candidate

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

Howard Butler and I (with some input from Even) have prepared
a 1.4.1 release candidate.  This includes EPSG 8.5, and some
assorted fixes and most significantly the addition of "in code"
table support where the tables are built into the C code.  This
is only with CMake, not automake.  The release candidate is at:

I will call a motion for final release on Tuesday (on the metacrs list) if there are no reports of problems here.

Re: libgeotiff 1.4.1 release candidate

David Spencer
Hi,

Thanks for preparing -RC1.

Should there be something called csv2c.py in the RC1 tarball? The
cmake build dies when building with incode csv support enabled:

[  0%] Generating incode_epsg_vertcs.override.c
/bin/sh: /tmp/SBo/libgeotiff-1.4.1/csv/csv2c.py: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [incode_epsg_vertcs.override.c] Error 127
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/geotiff_archive.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Heads up for other packagers: the cmake build doesn't install the
manpage, and doesn't support installing to /usr/lib64, and throws
stuff into /usr/doc :-( so we'll be staying with automake for now.

Best regards
-Dave Spencer (SlackBuilds.org packager)

On 13 September 2014 21:25, Frank Warmerdam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Howard Butler and I (with some input from Even) have prepared
> a 1.4.1 release candidate.  This includes EPSG 8.5, and some
> assorted fixes and most significantly the addition of "in code"
> table support where the tables are built into the C code.  This
> is only with CMake, not automake.  The release candidate is at:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.1RC1.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.1RC1.zip
>
> I will call a motion for final release on Tuesday (on the metacrs list) if
> there are no reports of problems here.
>
> Best regards,

Re: libgeotiff 1.4.1 release candidate

Jean-Claude Repetto
Le 13/09/2014 22:25, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> Howard Butler and I (with some input from Even) have prepared
> a 1.4.1 release candidate.  This includes EPSG 8.5, and some
> assorted fixes and most significantly the addition of "in code"
> table support where the tables are built into the C code.  This
> is only with CMake, not automake.

Hi,

I am not familiar with CMake. Should I still use the standard sequence :
        ./configure
        make
        make install
to build this new version ?