libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Frank Warmerdam
Folks,

I have prepared a libgeotiff 1.4.0 release candidate at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.zip

Major changes since the 1.3.0 release early in 2010 include:

  - Upgrade to EPSG 7.6 database (from 7.4)
  - Fix GTIFGetDefn() to properly normalize false eastings and northings to
    meters.
  - Added unofficial GeogTOWGS84 geokey.

Also a variety of bug fixes have been applied.

I would appreciate folks trying out the release candidate.  I will wait a
few days before promoting it to a final release.  I will also not proceed
until at least one other person on the list has indicated their support
for promoting it to final release, based on their trying it out!

Re: libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Howard Butler

On May 23, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have prepared a libgeotiff 1.4.0 release candidate at:
>
>   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.tar.gz
>   http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.zip
>
> Major changes since the 1.3.0 release early in 2010 include:
>
>  - Upgrade to EPSG 7.6 database (from 7.4)
>  - Fix GTIFGetDefn() to properly normalize false eastings and northings to
>    meters.
>  - Added unofficial GeogTOWGS84 geokey.

- CMake configuration from Mateusz Loskot http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/17 was also added, but it has not been added to the autotools dist target yet.  I would like the chance to have this as part of the standard release, and I will do my best to keep this in sync with any libtool changes I make.

Howard

> Also a variety of bug fixes have been applied.
>
> I would appreciate folks trying out the release candidate.  I will wait a
> few days before promoting it to a final release.  I will also not proceed
> until at least one other person on the list has indicated their support
> for promoting it to final release, based on their trying it out!
>
> Best regards,

Re: libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Kyle Shannon
Frank,
There is a ticket in gdal that handles an EPSG projection issue in libgeotiff.  Even wrote a patch for it and it adds one line in libgeotiff/geo_normalize.c.  I think he just wants someone to take a peek at it and make sure it's okay to apply the patch.  The ticket is here: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3828

If it's possible to add support for this projection in libgeotiff, that would be one step closer to closing that ticket.

kss

/**
 *
 * Kyle Shannon
 * [hidden email]
 *
 */

On 11-05-23 06:15 PM, Kyle Shannon wrote:
> Frank,
> There is a ticket in gdal that handles an EPSG projection issue in libgeotiff.
> Even wrote a patch for it and it adds one line in libgeotiff/geo_normalize.c.
> I think he just wants someone to take a peek at it and make sure it's okay to
> apply the patch.  The ticket is here: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3828
>
> If it's possible to add support for this projection in libgeotiff, that would
> be one step closer to closing that ticket.

Kyle,

I have incorporated the #3828 changes in GDAL and libgeotiff and will push
out an RC2 after I've given folks a day or so to try out RC1.

Re: libgeotiff 1.4.0 Release Candidate

Even Rouault
Le lundi 23 mai 2011 23:10:00, Frank Warmerdam a écrit :

> Folks,
>
> I have prepared a libgeotiff 1.4.0 release candidate at:
>
>    http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.tar.gz
>    http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.0RC1.zip
>
> Major changes since the 1.3.0 release early in 2010 include:
>
>   - Upgrade to EPSG 7.6 database (from 7.4)
>   - Fix GTIFGetDefn() to properly normalize false eastings and northings to
>     meters.
>   - Added unofficial GeogTOWGS84 geokey.
>
> Also a variety of bug fixes have been applied.
>
> I would appreciate folks trying out the release candidate.  I will wait a
> few days before promoting it to a final release.  I will also not proceed
> until at least one other person on the list has indicated their support
> for promoting it to final release, based on their trying it out!

Well, I bring my +1 but it's a shame that nobody else did it before. Note that
my testing is limited to its use in GDAL.

Best regards,

Even