latest infos about next week QGIS developer meeting

latest infos about next week QGIS developer meeting

Giovanni Manghi
Dear QGIS PSC, Developer,
you are getting this email because your name is among the list of
persons that will attend the QGIS Developer meeting that will take
place next week in Funchal, Madeira (Portugal).

The event wiki page

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018

has been updated recently, please be sure to have a look at it before traveling.

In the arrival/departure columns of the participants list

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018#register

there are still a few persons with "TBD", if by chance you are not
going to attend please let us know.

A few meetings/discussion topics have been already scheduled:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018#mentor-streams-and-discussion-topics

I'm tentatively setting up a dedicated laptop (with a wifi microphone)
for such discussions/meetings, Tim has already associated to them a
zoom link (https://zoom.us/ so who wants to participate remotely can
do it by installing the zoom client: https://zoom.us/download).

There are a few discussions/meetings that have been proposed but have
not yet a schedule, who proposed them should feel free to add a
schedule and a stream leader.

As usual attendees are also free to make their own presentations, if
you need do it with your own laptop it would be good if you can have
Zoom installed, so we can stream them (Zoom also allow recording audio
and video).

I will be in Funchal starting from this Sunday afternoon, if needed my
contacts are in the wiki page.

cheers!

-- Giovanni --

Re: latest infos about next week QGIS developer meeting

Anita Graser
Thank you Giovanni!

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Giovanni Manghi <[hidden email]> wrote:
A few meetings/discussion topics have been already scheduled:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018#mentor-streams-and-discussion-topics

I assume the scheduled times are all in Madeira local time = UTC+00:00
​, right? If so, I'll add that information and links to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html to the wiki page.

Regards,
Anita​

Re: latest infos about next week QGIS developer meeting

Giovanni Manghi
Hi Anita,

> I assume the scheduled times are all in Madeira local time = UTC+00:00
> , right? If so, I'll add that information and links to
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html to the wiki page.

good point! I tend to forget (living here) that mainland Portugal and
Madeira are UTC +0 (while the Azores are -1)!
I added a note at the top of the wiki page.

cheers!

-- G --