label position

K Kuo
Hi list,
Since each road has different orientation, is it possible that I can label
the road name parallel to each road automatically?

thanks

Kurt

Re: label position

Stephen Woodbridge
Yes, use Truetype fonts and POSITION AUTO

-Steve

K Kuo wrote:
> Hi list,
> Since each road has different orientation, is it possible that I can
> label the road name parallel to each road automatically?
>
> thanks
>
> Kurt

Re: label position

Stephen Woodbridge
Kurt,

Try something like this:

       LABEL
         ANGLE AUTO
         FONT "arial"
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         POSITION AUTO
         SIZE 7
         BUFFER 4
         COLOR 0 0 0
         ANTIALIAS TRUE
         PARTIALS FALSE
         MINDISTANCE 250
         MINFEATURESIZE 10
       END

-Steve

K Kuo wrote:

> Thanks Steve,
> I have tried your suggestion. However, all labels have the same
> orientation which is horizontal. What I am trying to do is to embed the
> road name along the road. How can I accomplish it?
> Thank you very much
>
> Kurt
>

>> From: Stephen Woodbridge <[hidden email]>
>> To: K Kuo <[hidden email]>
>> CC: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] label position
>> Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:49:26 -0500
>>
>> Yes, use Truetype fonts and POSITION AUTO
>>
>> -Steve
>>
>> K Kuo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list,
>>> Since each road has different orientation, is it possible that I can
>>> label the road name parallel to each road automatically?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Kurt

Re: label position

Dylan Keon-3