.la files in CentOS tarball

Jackie Ng
Hi All,

Should the libtool archives (.la files) be bundled in the CentOS SDK tarball?

They contain phantom paths that don't exist on my machine (/home/mgbuild/Ken/BUILD_146.1/...) and are causing link errors as a result.

Deleting these .la files fixes the problem with no observable side-effect.

- Jackie

Re: .la files in CentOS tarball

Greg Boone
I see no harm in removing them from the posted distribution,