ka-Map 2.0/OL integration

Lorenzo Becchi - nabble
Hi devs,
I've posted a Ticket about the integration of ka-Map and OpenLayers.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/563

I'll wait some feedback before going in more details.

A better description of the situation inside ka-Map team is available here:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Road_to_ka-Map_2

we have just started planning version 2.0 but we believe that a good
interaction with OL team is the better way to do a good work.

thank you all for your great work

Lorenzo

Re: ka-Map 2.0/OL integration

Schuyler Erle-2
On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 11:53 +0200, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Hi devs,
> I've posted a Ticket about the integration of ka-Map and OpenLayers.
>
>  questions:
>   1. Are you interested in these features? (hope yes)

Of course! As discussed at the FOSS4G BoF, the OpenLayers dev team is
very interested in joining forces with our sister projects.

>   1. do you have any suggestion/ideas to share with us?
>
>   1. How can I interact with OL team to do my best developing the
> merge?

I don't have any suggestions right off the bat, but I would say send all
your questions, comments, requests etc. to the dev mailing list and
we'll tackle it here.

>   1. should I work on a parallel SVN version of OL or would it be
>  better/possible to have a sandbox access?

Definitely please send us an ICLA or CCLA (if you haven't) and put in
for a sandbox. This should make pulling up from trunk and merging back
much easier when you're ready.

  http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/HowToContribute

> we have just started planning version 2.0 but we believe that a good
> interaction with OL team is the better way to do a good work.
>
> thank you all for your great work

I think I can speak for the OL PSC in saying that we agree completely.
Thanks for all your work, Lorenzo! I look forward to collaboring further
with the ka-Map team.

SDE