joining the marketing committee

adam steer-2
Hi OSgeo marketing folks

I’d like to put my hand up to help out with this committee - if you’re in need of a hand, let me know what I can do to keep the OSgeo marketing ball rolling.

Thanks

Adam

Re: joining the marketing committee

adam steer-2
ps - I saw that I’m meant to say something about myself (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee_Members).

I’m Dr Adam Steer, I work for a Canberra (Australia) based startup building point cloud exploitation tools on an open source stack, primarily for the Australian Defence force. I’ve been working on LIDAR for a decade, PhDing on surveying Antarctic sea ice to estimate ice thickness from high resolution altimetry (or trying to). I first used OSgeo tools with QGIS way back in 2007 (I didn’t know OSgeo existed, it was just an awesomely useful, free cartography tool); and then got really interested when I started working with geospatial web data services a couple of years ago. I’m now one of the team organising FOSS4G SotM Oceania - and since I’m terrible at coding, I’m happy to help grow this ecosystem in other ways. I should also mention that back in the jurassic, when CSS had just evolved and LAMP stacks were emerging from the swamp of handcrafted HTML, I worked in web publishing. I can drive wordpress reasonably well (although don’t ask me to write PHP or MySQL queries anymore, I’ve forgotten…). I maintain a couple of websites about work (spatialised.net) and bikes (toolsfortherevolution.com) if you want to see how I write things.

Cheers

Adam

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 13:20, adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi OSgeo marketing folks

I’d like to put my hand up to help out with this committee - if you’re in need of a hand, let me know what I can do to keep the OSgeo marketing ball rolling.

Thanks

Adam

Re: joining the marketing committee

guidos
Hey Adam,

Glad to have you aboard, I am not sure if there is a specific voting mechanism to on board folks. But proactive participation is always welcome in this community.

I think Astrid is the current intermediate chair.

Perhaps we should plan a meeting soon with the committee to discuss a plan for marketing goals for the 2019 year?

-Guido

--
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
skype: adam.d.steer

--
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
skype: adam.d.steer
tweet: @adamdsteer

Re: joining the marketing committee

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello Adam, hello all,

thanks Adam for your mail. Would be great if you join and could help in
the marketing committee.

I think we can make a motion and vote via email - I will send the motion
in a minute.

And yes - it would be great to have a meeting in the next weeks to talk
about:
*  2018 goals - what did we manage, what is still open
* define 2019 goals
* webside osgeo.org
* find a new chair
* more marketing material for conferences/booths
* ... what else?

Maybe some more new members may join ...

Astrid

>>> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer [1]
>>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer [2]
>>> http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236 [3]
>>> +61 427 091 712 [4]
>>> skype: adam.d.steer
>>> tweet: @adamdsteer
>>
>> --
>>
>> Adam Steer
>> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer [1]
>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer [2]
>> http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236 [3]
>> +61 427 091 712 [4]
>> skype: adam.d.steer
>> tweet: @adamdsteer _______________________________________________
>> Marketing mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing [8]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Steer
> [2] http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer
> [3] http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0046-7236
> [4] tel:+61%20427%20091%20712
> [5] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee_Members
> [6] http://spatialised.net
> [7] http://toolsfortherevolution.com

Re: joining the marketing committee

guidos
How about next week on Wednesday at 8am EST? IRC or Video?

-Guido

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 3:28 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> I’m terrible at coding, I’m happy to help grow this ecosystem in
>> other ways. I should also mention that back in the jurassic, when
>> CSS had just evolved and LAMP stacks were emerging from the swamp of
>> handcrafted HTML, I worked in web publishing. I can drive wordpress
>> reasonably well (although don’t ask me to write PHP or MySQL
>> queries anymore, I’ve forgotten…). I maintain a couple of
>> websites about work (spatialised.net [6]) and bikes
>> (toolsfortherevolution.com [7]) if you want to see how I write
>> things.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 13:20, adam steer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OSgeo marketing folks
>>>
>>> I’d like to put my hand up to help out with this committee - if
>>> you’re in need of a hand, let me know what I can do to keep the

Malena Libman
+1

El mié., 12 sept. 2018 a las 22:59, Guido Stein (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
> [...]

>> I’m terrible at coding, I’m happy to help grow this ecosystem in
>> other ways. I should also mention that back in the jurassic, when
>> CSS had just evolved and LAMP stacks were emerging from the swamp of
>> handcrafted HTML, I worked in web publishing. I can drive wordpress
>> reasonably well (although don’t ask me to write PHP or MySQL
>> queries anymore, I’ve forgotten…). I maintain a couple of
>> websites about work (spatialised.net [6]) and bikes
>> (toolsfortherevolution.com [7]) if you want to see how I write
>> things.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 13:20, adam steer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OSgeo marketing folks
>>>
>>> I’d like to put my hand up to help out with this committee - if
>>> you’re in need of a hand, let me know what I can do to keep the

Hi Guido, that time is OK for me. I like video calls but also happy with IRC.

Cheers

Adam

Re: joining the marketing committee

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello all,

> How about next week on Wednesday at 8am EST? IRC or Video?
sorry - next week I have a workshop the whole week. So I can't join at
that time.

One week later monday 8am EST would be ok.

from 21.9. on: 5pm or 6pm EST would also work for me (only not on
mondays)
Astrid

Am 13.09.2018 15:00 schrieb adam steer:

> Hi Guido, that time is OK for me. I like video calls but also happy
> with IRC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

Re: joining the marketing committee

Guido Stein-3
+1 Monday 9/24 8am EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

> How about next week on Wednesday at 8am EST? IRC or Video?
sorry - next week I have a workshop the whole week. So I can't join at
that time.

One week later monday 8am EST would be ok.

from 21.9. on: 5pm or 6pm EST would also work for me (only not on
mondays)
Astrid

Am 13.09.2018 15:00 schrieb adam steer:
> Hi Guido, that time is OK for me. I like video calls but also happy
> with IRC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).

El jue., 13 sept. 2018 a las 14:39, Guido Stein (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
+1 Monday 9/24 8am EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

> How about next week on Wednesday at 8am EST? IRC or Video?
sorry - next week I have a workshop the whole week. So I can't join at
that time.

One week later monday 8am EST would be ok.

from 21.9. on: 5pm or 6pm EST would also work for me (only not on
mondays)
Astrid

Am 13.09.2018 15:00 schrieb adam steer:
> Hi Guido, that time is OK for me. I like video calls but also happy
> with IRC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo)._______________________________________________
Marketing mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Re: joining the marketing committee

nicolas bozon
+1 for meeting on monday 9/24 8am EST

Best,

Nick

Le ven. 14 sept. 2018 à 13:04, Malena Libman <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1

El jue., 13 sept. 2018 a las 14:39, Guido Stein (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
+1 Monday 9/24 8am EST

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:54 PM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

> How about next week on Wednesday at 8am EST? IRC or Video?
sorry - next week I have a workshop the whole week. So I can't join at
that time.

One week later monday 8am EST would be ok.

from 21.9. on: 5pm or 6pm EST would also work for me (only not on
mondays)
Astrid

Am 13.09.2018 15:00 schrieb adam steer:
> Hi Guido, that time is OK for me. I like video calls but also happy
> with IRC.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo)._______________________________________________
Marketing mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/marketing

Re: joining the marketing committee

adam steer-2
Hi all

8am EDT on Monday 24/9 is ok for me.

Regards

Re: joining the marketing committee

Guido Stein-3
Adam,

would you be so kind as to setup a wiki page for this meeting. I will add a zoom account information this weekend.

I am trying to pick a video conferencing solution for OSGeo US to support the projects we get involved in and this is a great chance to push me to a decision.

-Guido

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 8:12 AM adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

8am EDT on Monday 24/9 is ok for me.

Regards

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).

Re: joining the marketing committee

guidos
Thanks Adam for putting the wiki page together.

I have edited the meeting page to add some more formality to it. My goal was to make it easy to use the Agenda to focus the meeting discussion and to make it easy to build meeting minutes into the page.

I have added some responsibilities to the page so that we can all share the work of preparing and running the meeting. There is now a section for describing:

- who is taking the minutes (editing the page as we meet I hope)
- who is leading the sections of the meeting

Please feel free to add your name as a discussion leader or as the minute taker.

I added all this context in the page to help get everyone involved and to keep the meeting from being the responsibility of one person. I would totally understand if others felt this was overkill and would be happy to remove the roles. I am trying this out and sharing it as an example, but we all are in charge of deciding what stays and what goes.

Thanks,

Guido

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 9:39 AM adam steer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Guido

As a new committee member I don’t feel like I should lead any discussion, but happy to take minutes (edited page accordingly)

Adam

Re: joining the marketing committee

Astrid Emde (OSGeo)
Hello all,

looks like it is time for our marketing meeting

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2018-09-24

I hang around on IRC.

Please tell me if I missunderstood the time or you meet somewhere
else...

Time: 12:00pm UTC

Astrid

Am 21.09.2018 23:55 schrieb Jody Garnett:

> Thanks to everyone for getting this underway, and welcome Adam!
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM adam steer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Guido
>>
>> As a new committee member I don’t feel like I should lead any
>> discussion, but happy to take minutes (edited page accordingly)
>>
>> Adam

>  --
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> Links:
> ------

Re: joining the marketing committee

guidos
wow... I totally dropped the ball

sorry... here is a meeting website: https://meet.jit.si/osgeoMarketing

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

looks like it is time for our marketing meeting

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2018-09-24

I hang around on IRC.

Please tell me if I missunderstood the time or you meet somewhere
else...

Time: 12:00pm UTC

Astrid

Am 21.09.2018 23:55 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> Thanks to everyone for getting this underway, and welcome Adam!
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM adam steer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Guido
>>
>> As a new committee member I don’t feel like I should lead any
>> discussion, but happy to take minutes (edited page accordingly)
>>
>> Adam

>  --
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> Links:
> ------

Re: joining the marketing committee

jody.garnett
This was a bit early for me :)

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 6:05 AM Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
wow... I totally dropped the ball

sorry... here is a meeting website: https://meet.jit.si/osgeoMarketing

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

looks like it is time for our marketing meeting

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2018-09-24

I hang around on IRC.

Please tell me if I missunderstood the time or you meet somewhere
else...

Time: 12:00pm UTC

Astrid

Am 21.09.2018 23:55 schrieb Jody Garnett:
> Thanks to everyone for getting this underway, and welcome Adam!
>
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:56 PM adam steer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Guido
>>
>> As a new committee member I don’t feel like I should lead any
>> discussion, but happy to take minutes (edited page accordingly)
>>
>> Adam

>  --
>
> --
> Jody Garnett