join two lines

pcav
Returns:
An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/paolo/.qgis/python/plugins/joinlines/joinlines.py", line
79, in run
     pnts=newlist[0].asPolyline()
IndexError: list index out of range

All the best.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: join two lines

Alexander Bruy
Hi,

seems that you try to join two lines that don't have any intersection or
common point. Plugin ca't join those lines, it requires two lines with
intesection or with common point.

2010/11/14 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]>:

> Returns:
> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/paolo/.qgis/python/plugins/joinlines/joinlines.py", line 79, in
> run
>    pnts=newlist[0].asPolyline()
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> All the best.
> --
> http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Alexander Bruy

Re: join two lines

pcav
Il 14/11/2010 21:46, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:

> seems that you try to join two lines that don't have any intersection or
> common point. Plugin ca't join those lines, it requires two lines with
> intesection or with common point.

Thanks for the explanation.
I imagined this, but I think this exception should be handled a bit mor
gracefully, right?
All the best.
--
http://www.faunalia.it/pc

Re: join two lines

Alexander Bruy
Sure. This fixed in 0.2.2
Thanks for testing and feedback

--
Alexander Bruy

Re: join two lines

Borys Jurgiel-2

Dnia niedziela 14 listopada 2010 o 21:46:25 Alexander Bruy napisał(a):

> Hi,

> seems that you try to join two lines that don't have any intersection or

> common point. Plugin ca't join those lines, it requires two lines with

> intesection or with common point.

By the way, just a fast idea from definitely slower train from the Hackfest to the home: What about using some CADTools code to join also *not intersecting* lines?

Last time we have to connect a bunch of maybe 50000 ugly drafted segments into a reasonable network. Maybe it's slightly different approach, but I believe quite common problem, when one has to cope with available data.

B.

Re: join two lines

pcav
Il 15/11/2010 21:00, Alexander Bruy ha scritto:
> Sure. This fixed in 0.2.2
> Thanks for testing and feedback

Thanks!
Ticket closed: https://trac.faunalia.it/qgis_plugins/ticket/9