international standards

GeoNetwork users mailing list
Dear all,
I tried alot to implement the Geonetwork-Ebrim and I couldn't manage that. I posted some questions to the community and received nothing. So, now I am disappointed and now just have one general question,
why there is no interested from Geonetwork to extend it and the metadata to use ebrim profile of CSW?Is there any technical issue? I just want to know that is it worth my effort?
Best regardsMani

Re: international standards

Jose Garcia
Hi

In 2009 was implemented a project to support ebrim, available in
https://sourceforge.net/p/geonetwork/code/HEAD/tree/sandbox/3.0.x/. It
implements also a ebRim registry, but the code was done for GeoNetwork 2.6
and for sure it's not supporting the latest spec from ebrim.

It's really outdated and to implement in current 3.4 version I think should
be review the architecture (for example to integrate with existing
solutions that implement ebRim registry instead of using a custom
implementation).

But afaik other catalogues like pyCSW or Deegree use a simpler solution not
implementing a ebRim registry and using some xslt to create the ebRim
output in CSW from the metadata stored in iso19139. I'm not an expert in
this, but I think this can be a good approach to implement in GeoNetwork
and probably can be reused most probably the current xslt used in the
pointed projects, instead of implementing also the ebRim registry.

Regards,
Jose García

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 2:12 PM, mane moshref via GeoNetwork-users <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I tried alot to implement the Geonetwork-Ebrim and I couldn't manage that.
> I posted some questions to the community and received nothing. So, now I am
> disappointed and now just have one general question,
> why there is no interested from Geonetwork to extend it and the metadata
> to use ebrim profile of CSW?Is there any technical issue? I just want to
> know that is it worth my effort?
> Best regardsMani
> projects/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>