install problem on ubuntu 18.04

Darrel Maddy

I have just built a new machine and tried to install qgis . I am getting the following error message

libpng error: application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.56

libpng warning: application is compiled with png.h from libpng-1.6.21

checking the installed library it is reporting as 1.6.34 (the latest in the repository)

As I am not a frequent linux user I do not know how to fix this, nothing I have tried has worked.  Can anyone suggest how I should proceed?

Thanks

Darrel

Re: install problem on ubuntu 18.04

Andre Joost
Am 06.10.19 um 16:27 schrieb Darrel Maddy:

> I have just built a new machine and tried to install qgis . I am
> getting the following error message
>
> libpng error: application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.56
> libpng warning: application is compiled with png.h from
> libpng-1.6.21
>
> checking the installed library it is reporting as 1.6.34 (the latest
> in the repository)
>
> As I am not a frequent linux user I do not know how to fix this,
> nothing I have tried has worked.  Can anyone suggest how I should
> proceed?

Most probably you have compiled GDAL or something other from source.
In that case, you have to install libpng-dev before self-compiling.

See
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/291191/libpng-problems-for-qgis>
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/313294/cant-install-support-for-ecw-in-qgis-3-6-3-4-on-ubuntu-18-04>
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/331338/getting-libpng-error-for-qgis-on-ubuntu-19-04>