indoor map basics

zerowasnotanumber
Hi all
I am trying to develop an indoor map application using "Web mapping illustrated" as  main reference.
It helped me a lot but  I could not see anything with the following things .

1- when I create layers using OpenEv but the problem when I display it the formatting is lost (no color , no width ...)
2- I created a layers and closed it and then opened it again but all I see is its up side down version

If you know sth about them give me some hint or preferably tell me books that you read .
                                                         or
if this is not the right place , tell me where to ask :)

Thank you