incubation budget ideas

jody.garnett
Wanted to start a thread on ideas leading towards an incubation budget for 2019.

The initial question is if we would like to continue to manage the OSGeo community project budget (or ask community projects to attend the monthly board meetings as required). I think we have done a responsive job reviewing applications thus far. The key difference is that community projects are an ongoing relationship where our incubation committee is intended to focus on shorter term capacity building on a team by team basis.

Beyond that I would like to get very aggressive on supporting our projects in *incubation* doing anything and everything we can to get teams through the incubation process and hand them over to the foundation as full fledged projects :)

Can I ask mentors to speak to their respective projects and get back to the email list?
--
Jody Garnett

Re: incubation budget ideas

jody.garnett
In the absence of any further direction I am going to take istSOS's request as a good guidance and ask that we put aside 3k for each incubation project to put towards an incubation sprint or some kind of progress on their OSGeo incubation. Note incubation projects have access to additional funds via the osgeo community project program for non-incubation activities. This would make the incubation projects some of the most heavily funded projects at OSGeo which is kind of how it should be :)

So 6 incubation projects makes this a request for 18,000, updating the page here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2019#OSGeo_Committees

It feels a bit like an echo chamber in here, really welcome feedback on this thread.

--
Jody Garnett

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 14:04, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Massimiliano Cannata
Thanks Jody,
I hope this will push towards graduation of projects. To this I ask mentors to guide us closely with their precious advices.

Maci