import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

Karsten-3-2
Hi all,

I did export an MapBender Application from version 3.0.5.3 and then tried to import to a new MapBender installation on teh same machine version 3.0.7.7
(both on windows). It works to import the yml or Json export files and I can see the new app in the administration interface . However when opening the application on the web itself the layer tree does not display and I get an error shown that says something along the lines of 'element with ID 252 map.(something) did not initialize correctly'. I had the suspicion that the corrupted element is a map or overview map element so tried to deleted those and recreated them but that brought even more trouble with other elements depending on those. So I reverted back to a backup of the app...

How would I be able to fix this and get the app to display in teh new MB version (short of rebuilding it once more) ?
Note that the mapbender3 management database I am using was was generated for this new MB version (and is not the once from the old version)

Cheers
Karsten Vennemann

Re: import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Am 2019-03-26 18:21, schrieb karsten:

> Hi all,
>
> I did export an MapBender Application from version 3.0.5.3 and then
> tried to import to a new MapBender installation on teh same machine
> version 3.0.7.7
> (both on windows). It works to import the yml or Json export files and
> I can see the new app in the administration interface . However when
> opening the application on the web itself the layer tree does not
> display and I get an error shown that says something along the lines
> of 'element with ID 252 map.(something) did not initialize correctly'.
> I had the suspicion that the corrupted element is a map or overview
> map element so tried to deleted those and recreated them but that
> brought even more trouble with other elements depending on those. So I
> reverted back to a backup of the app...
>
> How would I be able to fix this and get the app to display in teh new
> MB version (short of rebuilding it once more) ?
> Note that the mapbender3 management database I am using was was
> generated for this new MB version (and is not the once from the old
> version)
>
> Cheers
>
> Karsten Vennemann

Hello Karsten,

Mapbender 3.0.5.3 is quite old ;) Release date: 04.02.2016
https://doc.mapbender.org/en/versions.html

Best way is to update an existing Mapbender installation instead of
copying an application.

Have a look: https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/update.html

Maybe for your workflow it could work:
* copy & import your application
* open map-Element and check the selected layersets -> save it
* open layertree -> save it
-> we had some changed concerning layersets, so maybe the element has to
save the new configuration.

--
Best regards

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------

   Astrid Emde
   WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
   Eifelstraße 7
   53119 Bonn
   Germany

   Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
   Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

   [hidden email]
   www.wheregroup.com

   Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: import / export of MapBender App Error between versions

Karsten-3-2
Thanks for the hints.

When trying to go the update route from
https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/update.html
I noticed that the commands for the databse update work on linux however I
am having trouble on windows. Will start a new thread for that.

Cheers
Karsten

update mapbender installation on windows errors

Karsten-3-2
Hi All,

When trying to go update a mapbender installation via the commands from
https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/update.html
I noticed that the commands for the database update work on linux however I
am having trouble on windows.
On windows the command
app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
for example I get this error:
'app' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
WQhen I add the complete windows path like
c:\ms4w\apps\mapbender3-starter-3.0.7.7\app\console ...
the erropr is the ame.

How can I sucessfully run that command on windows ?

Cheers
Karsten

Re: update mapbender installation on windows errors

Karsten-3-2
Sorry I saw that the windows command are listed below the linux one on that
webpage, it is

php.exe app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql

However when I run that ond e.g. I get the error:
The program can't start because php7ts.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Any hints what is wrong and how to fix this ?

Cheers
Karsten

Re: update mapbender installation on windows errors

jmckenna
Administrator
If you are using MS4W, your first step always (as you know) is to open a
Command Prompt window, cd into /ms4w and then execute:

        setenv.bat

Then you can execute any MS4W tool, now that the proper PATHS are set
through setenv.bat

So while inside the directory of C:/ms4w/ (and after you execute
setenv.bat) you can then execute a command such as:

        php --version

If you have any MS4W questions, be sure to send them to the ms4w-users
list at https://ms4w.com/forum/

If you notice any Mapbender enhancements for needed for MS4W, it would
be great if you could file them in the tracker at https://ms4w.com/trac/

Thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2019-03-27 5:44 AM, karsten wrote:

> Sorry I saw that the windows command are listed below the linux one on that
> webpage, it is
>
> php.exe app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
>
> However when I run that ond e.g. I get the error:
> The program can't start because php7ts.dll is missing from your computer.
> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>
> Any hints what is wrong and how to fix this ?
>
> Cheers
> Karsten

Thanks Jeff,

yes fact yes I was using ms4w.
When setting the environment via setenv.bat
I checked inside the mapbender subdir in ms4w the available drivers with
php -m
and got PDO lsietd amoung others
However when running
c:\ms4w\apps\mapbender3-starter-3.0.7.7>php app/console
doctrine:schema:update

it throws these errors:
[Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException]
An exception occured in driver: could not find driver

[Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOException]
could not find driver

[PDOException]
could not find driver

Any idea how to fix this ?

Cheers
Karsten

MapServer Consulting and Training Services https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2019-03-27 5:44 AM, karsten wrote:
> Sorry I saw that the windows command are listed below the linux one on
that

> webpage, it is
>
> php.exe app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
>
> However when I run that ond e.g. I get the error:
> The program can't start because php7ts.dll is missing from your computer.
> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>
> Any hints what is wrong and how to fix this ?
>
> Cheers
> Karsten

Very kindly, I ask for you not send cross-post your same message to
multiple lists at once.

-jeff

On 2019-03-27 5:44 AM, karsten wrote:

> Sorry I saw that the windows command are listed below the linux one on that
> webpage, it is
>
> php.exe app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
>
> However when I run that ond e.g. I get the error:
> The program can't start because php7ts.dll is missing from your computer.
> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>
> Any hints what is wrong and how to fix this ?
>
> Cheers
> Karsten

Hello,

Jeff made a pull request and added the information to the documentation

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender-documentation/pull/60

Thanks Jeff for adding the information to the documentation.

It will be available on https://doc.mapbender.org  when release 3.0.8 is
there.

Solution is to pass the location of the extension in the command:

php -d extension=C:\ms4w\Apache\php\ext\php_pdo_pgsql.dll app/console
doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql

Astrid

Am 2019-03-27 13:16, schrieb Jeff McKenna:

> Very kindly, I ask for you not send cross-post your same message to
> multiple lists at once.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2019-03-27 5:44 AM, karsten wrote:
>> Sorry I saw that the windows command are listed below the linux one on
>> that
>> webpage, it is
>>
>> php.exe app/console doctrine:schema:update --dump-sql
>>
>> However when I run that ond e.g. I get the error:
>> The program can't start because php7ts.dll is missing from your
>> computer.
>> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
>>
>> Any hints what is wrong and how to fix this ?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Karsten

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde