iTowns next meetings

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hi all,

iTowns is now a real opensource project, and version 2 is evolving quite
fast, with features and refactoring from various people.
We still need to collaborate better though, more efficiently, in order
not to accumulate too much technical debt.

Therefore, this is an invitation to organize and attend two separate events.

1. Git crash course

The first one would be a small workshop focused on "Get better at Git
and Github". The proposed format for this would be a 4h course, from
10:00AM to 4:00PM with a pause allowing for discussion and food.
The idea would be to have this organized at IGN in the next weeks.
The course would be ensured by Thomas Broyer and could gather ~10 people
maximum. It will be given in french.

Please indicate your availabilities so that we can try to find a date :
https://framadate.org/loLQQScPdvh9Klag

2. iTowns codesprint #2

The first codesprint has been a success and significant work was
achieved. It would be great to organize a second codesprint to keep the
pace and dynamism.

Among potiential goals :
* Stabilize the work done on iTowns 2 (refactoring, bugfixes, cleaning)
* Merge new features into trunk if not done before ( flat earth, potree,
data streaming from servers… )
* Better CI
* Work on public API
* More demos
* ... your topics ...

The codesprint would be 2 days, at IGN too. No limit for the amount of
people other than what IGN can host. External developers would be
welcome and could be invited to participate too.

Please fill in this framadate with the days you would be able to
participate to the codesprint, in order to find the best date :
https://framadate.org/5f7xKDgbSNXHaPOl

I also created a wiki page :
https://github.com/iTowns/itowns-project/wiki/CodeSprint2_2016

Do not hesitate to react on these proposals on this list.
Best regards,
Vincent

Re: [iTowns-user] iTowns next meetings

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hello,

Could you please answer both polls, so that we can make both events
happen ?
Time flies and we will struggle to find convenient dates for meetings if
we do not set in stone them quickly.

Do not hesitate to react to the proposals on the lists too.

Thanks,
Vincent