i.sentinel: preproc + mask enhancements and fixes

SBL

i.sentinel: preproc + mask enhancements and fixes

SBL

Dear all,

Recently, I have been working with i.sentinel addons and propose some fixes / enhancements in the PR below:

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pull/68/files

Any objections against merging those changes?

I would be very happy if someone could test!

In principle I would like to implement more changes later on like:

  • Using vsizip (in i.sentinel.import) and avoid extracting data from zip archives (at least offering it as a flag
  • Parse all metadata in i.sentinel.import and pass them to the subsequent modules (i.sentinel.preproc + i.sentinel.mask) so the latter do not have to do it again (and thus can be simplified)
  • Include i.sentinel.mask in i.sentinel.preproc and produce t.register output (like i.sentinel.import does)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Stefan

Re: i.sentinel: preproc + mask enhancements and fixes

Veronica Andreo
Hi Stefan,

El lun., 2 dic. 2019 a las 11:45, Stefan Blumentrath (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

Dear all,

Recently, I have been working with i.sentinel addons and propose some fixes / enhancements in the PR below:

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-addons/pull/68/files

Any objections against merging those changes?

I would be very happy if someone could test!

In principle I would like to implement more changes later on like:

  • Using vsizip (in i.sentinel.import) and avoid extracting data from zip archives (at least offering it as a flag
  • Parse all metadata in i.sentinel.import and pass them to the subsequent modules (i.sentinel.preproc + i.sentinel.mask) so the latter do not have to do it again (and thus can be simplified)
+1 for these 2 :)

  • Include i.sentinel.mask in i.sentinel.preproc and produce t.register output (like i.sentinel.import does)
I'm not so sure about the merging (+1 for the t.register output though :)).
What if someone does not want to get clouds masked? Will it be optional then, as ON/OFF flag to mask clouds and shadows? Will you anyway keep the i.sentinel.mask add-on?

my 0.02 cents
Vero

Any thoughts?

Cheers