i.ortho.transform output

Luca Delucchi
Hi devs,

A students is working with i.ortho.photo suite and he come to me with
the wish of an improvement of
g.gui.image2target.

So I looked into i.ortho.transform code and I have few questions:
- what is returned values of fwd format option? because the first
value seems to be a coordinate but the second no...
- could the output format be improved? right now there is no
differences between different values of different formats option and
two values of the same format

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: i.ortho.transform output

Markus Metz-3

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> A students is working with i.ortho.photo suite and he come to me with
> the wish of an improvement of
> g.gui.image2target.
>
> So I looked into i.ortho.transform code and I have few questions:
> - what is returned values of fwd format option? because the first
> value seems to be a coordinate but the second no...

When you do coordinate transformation with format = fwd or rev, the output format is "x y z" of the transformed coordinates. Why do you think the second value is not a coordinate?

> - could the output format be improved? right now there is no
> differences between different values of different formats option and
> two values of the same format

Can you provide an example with the command and options and the corresponding output?

Markus M

> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> www.lucadelu.org

Re: i.ortho.transform output

Markus Metz-3

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:24 PM, Markus Metz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > A students is working with i.ortho.photo suite and he come to me with
> > the wish of an improvement of
> > g.gui.image2target.
> >
> > So I looked into i.ortho.transform code and I have few questions:
> > - what is returned values of fwd format option? because the first
> > value seems to be a coordinate but the second no...
>
> When you do coordinate transformation with format = fwd or rev, the output format is "x y z" of the transformed coordinates. Why do you think the second value is not a coordinate?

Correction: the format option is ignored if coordinates are provided. Reverse transformation of these coordinates can be done with the -r flag.

The format option is only used to provide information about the GCPs.