i.ortho.photo status

Eric Patton
Hi,

It's been about 6 years since I've had to do some air-photo rectification, but
it looks like an opportunity to work with these data is opening up for me in
the near future. Is i.ortho.photo and friends functional in Grass 6.5/7.0?

--
Eric Patton

Re: i.ortho.photo status

Markus Metz-3
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Eric Patton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been about 6 years since I've had to do some air-photo rectification, but
> it looks like an opportunity to work with these data is opening up for me in
> the near future. Is i.ortho.photo and friends functional in Grass 6.5/7.0?

The i.ortho.photo suite is functional, i.e. overhauled, in GRASS
6.4.svn and 6.5, but not yet in 7.

Markus M

> --
> Eric Patton

Re: i.ortho.photo status

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Markus Metz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Eric Patton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's been about 6 years since I've had to do some air-photo rectification, but
>> it looks like an opportunity to work with these data is opening up for me in
>> the near future. Is i.ortho.photo and friends functional in Grass 6.5/7.0?
>
> The i.ortho.photo suite is functional, i.e. overhauled, in GRASS
> 6.4.svn and 6.5, but not yet in 7.

There is also a related publication:

Rocchini, D., Metz, M., Frigeri, A., Delucchi, L., Marcantonio, M.,
Neteler, M. (2012). Robust rectification of aerial photographs in an
Open Source environment. Computers & Geosciences, 39 (2): 145-151
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2011.06.002
PDF also here: http://gis.cri.fmach.it/publications/

MarkusN

Re: i.ortho.photo status

Eric Patton
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Markus Metz
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The i.ortho.photo suite is functional, i.e. overhauled, in GRASS
> > 6.4.svn and 6.5, but not yet in 7.
>
> There is also a related publication:
>
> Rocchini, D., Metz, M., Frigeri, A., Delucchi, L., Marcantonio, M.,
> Neteler, M. (2012). Robust rectification of aerial photographs in an
> Open Source environment. Computers & Geosciences, 39 (2): 145-151
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2011.06.002
> PDF also here: http://gis.cri.fmach.it/publications/
>
> MarkusN

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated,