hydro-flatenning process ?

image
This post was updated on .
Hello,

From a dem file (breaklines), i would like apply hydro-flatenning process. Is it possible to do that with grass? I would like define an hydrologic topology on my DEM. Each cellul of my raster should have a topologic component. My goal is to flatten waterway areas 's values.

Thanks.

Regards.

Laurent.

Re: hydro-flatenning process ?

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>From a dem file (breaklines), i would like apply hydro-flatenning process. Is it possible to do that with grass?
>I would like define an hydrologic topology on my DEM. Each cellul of my raster should have a topologic
>component. My goal is to flatten waterway areas 's values.

r.in.xyz
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/r.in.xyz.html

r.surf.idw
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/r.surf.idw.html

v.surf.bspline
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.surf.bspline.html

v.surf.rst
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.surf.rst.html

?
best regards
Helmut
Jed

Re: hydro-flatenning process ?

Jed
Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
r.in.xyz

r.surf.idw

v.surf.bspline

v.surf.rst
None of these, or any of GRASS's other surface interpolation tools that I'm aware of, consider breaklines. Although a feature request was filed 4 years ago: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/793

You could probably generate hydro flattened surfaces separately and combine them with the DEM manually using the raster calculator, but unfortunately I don't think there is a one click button.

Re: hydro-flatenning process ?

hamish-2
Jed wrote:

> None of these, or any of GRASS's other surface interpolation tools that
> I'm aware of, consider breaklines. Although a feature request was filed
> 4 years ago: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/793

see the v.triangle addon module,
 http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/TIN_with_breaklines

ticket updated. (breaklines in v.surf.rst would still be awesome :)

Hamish