how to use offline shapefiles(gvSIG Mini)

yyn

how to use offline shapefiles(gvSIG Mini)

yyn

Hi~

Thanks for Albertos help.

I simply want to know how to use shapefiles offline. Which folder on the phone should I put the .shp, .shx and .dbp files? If it is convenient, I also want to know how to configure the source code(i.e., how to configure file path and in which java file the file path configuration is of the gvSIG Mini 1.2.0)?

Let me show some information about my app in accordance with the requirements of Alberto. My application is a junior one and the main function is to search some information on a map. It can do databases operations as well. The most attractive aspect is few apps for fire disaster and the fireman from other companies, so I should not show the information about this aspect.

Thank you for your patience.

Good Luck,

Yuning Yu

Re: how to use offline shapefiles(gvSIG Mini)

Alberto Romeu Carrasco
Hi,

gvSIG Mini does not support shapefiles. Maybe you can try gvSIG Mobile, that does not run on Android but it can load shapefiles and other vector formats. If your requirement is to run your app on Android you can try to store your data in an embedded database, Android has support to sqlite.

Hoe it helps.

Alberto Romeu
---

Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)