how to setup a osm wms Tilecache

jwajwa

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me in establishing a wms server configuration based on Tilecache (osm) and Mapnik.

With the help of Justobject and dutch osm mailgroup I managed to create osm Tiles in dutch (RD (28992)) projection based on osm data.

<http://osm.mr-hosting.nl/cgi-bin/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/osm_28992/1/0/2.png>

Installed software, Ubuntu, Postgis, osmtpgsql, Tilecache, Mapnik, mapserver

I’am struggeling in setting up a wms configuration in order to load the osm tiles/data in for instance ArcMAP or Mapguide.  I got the idea that a wmslayer has to be  added in the tilecache.cfg. But I don’t know how to setup a working configuration….,

Current configuration tilecache.cfg (osm_28992 is working correctly)

<osm_28992>

<type=Mapnik>

<mapfile=/home/osm/mapnik/osm.xml>

<spherical_mercator=false>

<resolutions=2187,729,243,81,48.6,27,16.2,9,5.4,3,1.8,1,0.6>

<size=250,250>

<metatile=true>

<bbox=0,0,405000,810000>

<srs=EPSG:28992>

<[basic]>

<type=WMS>

<url=/home/osm/mapnik/osm.xml >??

<extension=png>

I hope someone can tell me what steps need to be taken regarding the configuration. As you probably noticed I’am new/ a dummy regarding this workfield! :)

Jacco Wanders

TTE

Tel     0570-665073
Mob   06-31769873

P Denk aan het milieu voor je besluit dit bericht of de bijlagen te printen

Re: how to setup a osm wms Tilecache

Stéphane Brunner
Hello,

The best is that you have a look on:
http://www.stephane-brunner.ch/mediawiki/index.php/OSM_on_Swissgrid

The result will be:
http://map.stephane-brunner.ch/test/

CU
Stéphane

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM, jwajwa [via OSGeo.org]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>

> I hope someone can help me in establishing a wms server configuration based
> on Tilecache (osm) and Mapnik.
>

> With the help of Justobject and dutch osm mailgroup I managed to create osm
> Tiles in dutch (RD (28992)) projection based on osm data.
>
> <http://osm.mr-hosting.nl/cgi-bin/tilecache.cgi/1.0.0/osm_28992/1/0/2.png>
>
> Installed software, Ubuntu, Postgis, osmtpgsql, Tilecache, Mapnik, mapserver
>

> I’am struggeling in setting up a wms configuration in order to load the osm
> tiles/data in for instance ArcMAP or Mapguide.  I got the idea that a
> wmslayer has to be  added in the tilecache.cfg. But I don’t know how to
> setup a working configuration….,
>

> Current configuration tilecache.cfg (osm_28992 is working correctly)
>

> <osm_28992>
>
> <type=Mapnik>
>
> <mapfile=/home/osm/mapnik/osm.xml>
>
> <spherical_mercator=false>
>
> <resolutions=2187,729,243,81,48.6,27,16.2,9,5.4,3,1.8,1,0.6>
>
> <size=250,250>
>
> <metatile=true>
>
> <bbox=0,0,405000,810000>
>
> <srs=EPSG:28992>
>

> <[basic]>
>
> <type=WMS>
>
> <url=/home/osm/mapnik/osm.xml >??
>
> <extension=png>
>

> I hope someone can tell me what steps need to be taken regarding the
> configuration. As you probably noticed I’am new/ a dummy regarding this
> workfield! :)
>

> Jacco Wanders
>

> TTE
>
> Tel     0570-665073
> Mob   06-31769873
> Mail   [hidden email]
>
> Web  www.engineers.nl
> Web  www.bodemnieuws.nl
>
> Web  aanmelden TTE nieuwsbrief
>

> P Denk aan het milieu voor je besluit dit bericht of de bijlagen te printen

Envoyé depuis mon lapin
--
Catalogue de cartes OpenStreetMap - http://map.stephane-brunner.ch
Un peu d'espace qui vous suis partout -