how to "turn on" new features?

Michael Barton
how to "turn on" new features? I see that there the toolbox and more work on the digitizer bar. Is there any way to turn these on in order to test them?

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: how to "turn on" new features?

Martin Landa
Hi,

./scripts/p.mon p0
./scripts/p.cmd "d.vect roads" [not working with wxgrass because all
layers have type "command" not "vector/raster", need to be fixed]

Tools -> Digitize
Select vector map -> "roads"
Add point

I don't think there is more to test. Slightly working on this issue.

Martin

Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *

On 4/23/07 2:42 AM, "Martin Landa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ./scripts/p.mon p0
> ./scripts/p.cmd "d.vect roads" [not working with wxgrass because all
> layers have type "command" not "vector/raster", need to be fixed]

This is intentional. For the layer tree, it works much more cleanly to have
all commands pass through a single parser, rather than have a separate
parser for each d.* command. Because the command is actually being built by
the dialog generated by menuform.py, it is difficult to know what options
and flags will be added. But it is easy to just send that command on to the
GRASS to be run.

Also, maintaining separate methods, with a predefined list of options and
flags for every d.* command could get to be a real difficulty. Any change in
a d.* command would mean revising the code. If we just pass the command on
through, we don't have to worry about it.

Same with the command line. This way we don't have to try and deconstruct
what someone types. Just send it on and not worry about it.

Michael

> Tools -> Digitize
> Select vector map -> "roads"
> Add point
>
> I don't think there is more to test. Slightly working on this issue.
>
> Martin
>
> 2007/4/21, Michael Barton <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>  I see that there the toolbox and more work on the digitizer bar. Is there
>> any way to turn these on in order to test them?
>>
>>  Michael
>>  __________________________________________
>>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>>  School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>>  Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>>  Arizona State University
>>
>>  phone: 480-965-6213
>>  fax: 480-965-7671
>>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: how to "turn on" new features?

Michael Barton
Martin,

I must be dense or missing something. I cannot see or test  your new nifty
digitizing module. I seem not to have a Tools menu. Do I need to do
something to 'turn it on'?

Michael

On 4/23/07 2:42 AM, "Martin Landa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ./scripts/p.mon p0
> ./scripts/p.cmd "d.vect roads" [not working with wxgrass because all
> layers have type "command" not "vector/raster", need to be fixed]
>
> Tools -> Digitize
> Select vector map -> "roads"
> Add point
>
> I don't think there is more to test. Slightly working on this issue.
>
> Martin
>
> 2007/4/21, Michael Barton <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>  I see that there the toolbox and more work on the digitizer bar. Is there
>> any way to turn these on in order to test them?
>>
>>  Michael
>>  __________________________________________
>>  Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
>>  School of Human Evolution & Social Change
>>  Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
>>  Arizona State University
>>
>>  phone: 480-965-6213
>>  fax: 480-965-7671
>>  www: http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Re: how to "turn on" new features?

Martin Landa
Hi,

no, please wait a bit. Almost all code is outside of SVN. The first
stage is implementation of digitization tool using v.edit as a
background (not very useful, just prototype) tool. I started working on
reimplementation of v.digit in wxPython. Problem is that last days I
was working on other issues. I will inform you about progress.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <[hidden email]> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *