how to display infromation related to a feature?

how to display infromation related to a feature?

henijes
 I wanted to know if there is a tool in Geoserver which display information(attributes and other related one) to a feature like the one in esri's ArcGIS server?

The second one is I want to know if Geoserver provides API that can integrate with .Net or Java applications?

My third question is related to GIS system's architecture. To minimise the response time of GIS applications , some literatures suggest the use of proxy server for caching. How do you configure them? Does Geoserver have a support for this servers?
Thanks,
Henok