how to add a jpg figure near points

Azzurra Lentini-2
Hi to all,
I would like to add in my project some figures near my points.
I explain better,I have a shapefile of points  that represent some
springs and I would like to associate for every point a figure (jpg
extension for example) that I did with another software (is a  a
diagram used in hydrogeochemistry to show the water composition): so I
would like to see near every point a figure (I think it would be the
same if I wanted to associate a picture).

Thanks to all

Re: how to add a jpg figure near points

Lene Fischer
Under Symbology - you can choose raster image marker. I use it for aerial images next to points.
Regards

Lene Fischer
Associate Professor

University of Copenhagen
Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management Forest and Landscape College Nødebovej 77a
3480 Fredensborg
Denmark

Re: how to add a jpg figure near points

Azzurra Lentini-2
Dear Lene Fischer thank you for your answer but I dont find it.
So from the layer panel shape file points (click right): properties
and style? but there I dont find "raster image maker"..

Azzurra

Lene Fischer <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Under Symbology - you can choose raster image marker. I use it for
> aerial images next to points.
> Regards
>

> Lene Fischer
> Associate Professor
>
> University of Copenhagen
> Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management Forest and
> Landscape College Nødebovej 77a
> 3480 Fredensborg
> Denmark

Stefan Giese (WhereGroup)
see this image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnYigYmyG8458qbtGanWg5-rrNsv9o_T/view?usp=sharing

---
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Giese

Projektleiter/Consultant
-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Schwimmbadstr. 2
79100 Freiburg
Germany

Fon: +49 (0)761 / 519 102 - 61
Fax: +49 (0)761 / 519 102 - 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788
-------------------------------
Komplementärin:
WhereGroup Verwaltungs GmbH
vertreten durch:
Olaf Knopp, Peter Stamm
-------------------------------

Am 2019-03-25 14:18, schrieb Azzurra Lentini:

> Dear Lene Fischer thank you for your answer but I dont find it.
> So from the layer panel shape file points (click right): properties
> and style? but there I dont find "raster image maker"..
>
> Azzurra
>
> Lene Fischer <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Under Symbology - you can choose raster image marker. I use it for
>> aerial images next to points.
>> Regards
>>

>> Lene Fischer
>> Associate Professor
>>
>> University of Copenhagen
>> Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management Forest and
>> Landscape College Nødebovej 77a
>> 3480 Fredensborg
>> Denmark

Mike Flannigan

I am using Desktop 3.2.0 and I cannot find raster image marker
under Symbology.  Please explain where that is located under
Symbology.  The dropdown under "single symbol" does not
appear to have it.

http://www.mflan.com/temp/sym1.jpg

Mike

On 3/25/2019 4:04 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Under Symbology - you can choose raster image marker. I use it for aerial images next to points.
> Regards
>

> Lene Fischer
> Associate Professor
>
> University of Copenhagen
> Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management Forest and Landscape College Nødebovej 77a
> 3480 Fredensborg
> Denmark

Dear all and thanks for the answers but it is the same with me: I can
not find under symbology.
Azzurra
Mike Flannigan <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I am using Desktop 3.2.0 and I cannot find raster image marker
> under Symbology.  Please explain where that is located under
> Symbology.  The dropdown under "single symbol" does not
> appear to have it.
>
> http://www.mflan.com/temp/sym1.jpg
>

> Mike

>> Under Symbology - you can choose raster image marker. I use it for
>> aerial images next to points.
>> Regards
>>

>> Lene Fischer
>> Associate Professor
>>
>> University of Copenhagen
>> Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management Forest and
>> Landscape College Nødebovej 77a
>> 3480 Fredensborg
>> Denmark

andreaerdna
Mike Flannigan wrote
> I am using Desktop 3.2.0 and I cannot find raster image marker
> under Symbology.

Hi Mike,
the feature was introduced in QGIS 3.6.0 [1] so it's not available in your
version.

Regards.

Andrea

[1]