how GN releases works?

Margarita Caletrio Arcos
Dear colleagues, I would like to know how the GN releases works.
I hope you apologize if I am asking a too simple question.

We are waiting for updating our GN to the versión 3.10.6 release that
it’s supposed to resolve the metadata multilingual problems and it will
manage properly multilingual metadata as it used to be in previous
versions of GN 3.10.3.

The solution of these multilingual problems is a milestone for 3.10.6
and 3.10.5 versions and we are waiting for that. But now I have seen
that 3.12.0 version is more developed than the 3.10.6.

What does it mean?

https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/milestones

- Are the 3.10.6 milestones included in the 3.12.0?

- Which characteristics will have the GN 3.12.0?

- Do you know when it will be ready GN 3.10.6 or 3.12.0 version (if it
suit us)?

Thank you very much.

Regards. Marga

Re: how GN releases works?

Jose Garcia
Hi Margarita

Apologies for the delay. See the feedback below.

Regards,
Jose García

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 3:08 PM Margarita Caletrio Arcos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues, I would like to know how the GN releases works.
> I hope you apologize if I am asking a too simple question.
>
> We are waiting for updating our GN to the versión 3.10.6 release that
> it’s supposed to resolve the metadata multilingual problems and it will
> manage properly multilingual metadata as it used to be in previous
> versions of GN 3.10.3.
>
> The solution of these multilingual problems is a milestone for 3.10.6
> and 3.10.5 versions and we are waiting for that. But now I have seen
> that 3.12.0 version is more developed than the 3.10.6.
>
> What does it mean?
>
> https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/milestones

Related to the multilingual problems you describe in
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/5060, I have added a
PR for additional review and testing:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/5293, hopefully will be
available in 3.10.6.

I have tested with some records provided in the issue and also with the
default multilingual template provided in iso19139 and in both cases seem
preserving the locale codes used in the metadata, not forcing the codes to
have 2 letters. If you have a chance to do additional tests would be
appreciated, thanks in advance.

> - Are the 3.10.6 milestones included in the 3.12.0?

Yes, the code is push to master branch (3.12.0) and backported the relevant
commits to 3.10.x

> - Which characteristics will have the GN 3.12.0?

Some new features like the delete metadata history, support for KeyCloak
security, CMIS data storage and some others.

> - Do you know when it will be ready GN 3.10.6 or 3.12.0 version (if it
> suit us)?

3.10.6 is planned for 15 January 2021.

> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards. Marga

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing
this email.*

Re: how GN releases works?

Margarita Caletrio Arcos
Hi Jose, thank you very much, we are happy, your news are excellent!

Till the new version will be installed in our system I cannot do some tests, but I am sure that it will work very vell.

Thank you and congratulations for your work.

Regards from Valencia, Spain.  Margarita.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 3:08 PM Margarita Caletrio Arcos <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

[Imagen quitada por el remitente.]<http://www.geocat.net/>
Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)318 416664<tel:+31318416664>

image001.jpg (518 bytes) Download Attachment