heron viewer geosearch removed: Alternatives?

heron viewer geosearch removed: Alternatives?

robertdbuckley
Hi,

I have been using code from the Heron viewer on github (http://code.google.com/p/geoext-viewer/source/browse/trunk/heron/lib/widgets/SearchPanel.js?r=247) in order to embed a placename search in my geoext viewer.

Unfortunately i have found out that the service has been removed, thus renderung my searchbox useless.

Does anyone know if this has just been moved somewhere else, and if so where to?

Otherwise I am on the lookout for a similar service which can do the same kind of thing.

If anyone knows anythings, i´d be grateful for any news,

yours,

Robert

Yours with thanks, Robert Buckley System: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server / Tomcat6 / Geoserver 2.1.2 / GeoWebCache 1.2.6)

Re: [Users] heron viewer geosearch removed: Alternatives?

Vidal, Antoni

Hi Robert,

You could try geonames.org.

HTH

Antoni

De: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] En nom de Robert Buckley
Enviat: martes, 09 de octubre de 2012 14:32
Per a: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Tema: [Users] heron viewer geosearch removed: Alternatives?

Hi,

I have been using code from the Heron viewer on github (http://code.google.com/p/geoext-viewer/source/browse/trunk/heron/lib/widgets/SearchPanel.js?r=247) in order to embed a placename search in my geoext viewer.

Unfortunately i have found out that the service has been removed, thus renderung my searchbox useless.

Does anyone know if this has just been moved somewhere else, and if so where to?

Otherwise I am on the lookout for a similar service which can do the same kind of thing.

If anyone knows anythings, i´d be grateful for any news,

yours,

Robert

Re: [Users] heron viewer geosearch removed: Alternatives?

brad

Robert,

I use Google’s geocoding engine for open web sites.

Cheers,

Brad....