help with editing vector layers

nishith datta-2
hi all,
I am using qgis 0.9.0 on winXP.
When I load a vector layer and open up the attribute table box....The start/ stop editing buttons are disabled . Also the add column and delete column buttons are disabled / grayed out.
How can I enable them ?
nishith

Re: help with editing vector layers

John C. Tull
Nishith,

Those capabilities depend on the data source for your vector. You can edit attribute tables for only (to my knowledge) shapefile and postigs data, and you can add and delete columns for postgis (but not shapefile). Consider getting the current 0.9.1  binaries available for win.

John

On Jan 20, 2008, at 9:16 AM, nishith datta wrote:

hi all,
I am using qgis 0.9.0 on winXP.
When I load a vector layer and open up the attribute table box....The start/ stop editing buttons are disabled . Also the add column and delete column buttons are disabled / grayed out.
How can I enable them ?
nishith

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now._______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list