help

viji-2

respected sir
i recently installed geoserver in my system which is running windows xp OS.i am strugglin with one problem..i can not view my shape files..i can add the shape files..it is listing in preview list...but the layer is invisible..it shows dark area..can you please help me to rectify this problem
vijeesh

Re: help

Justin Deoliveira-3
Hi Vijeesh,

Can you give us a bit more information. What version of geoserver are
you using? What version of java are you using? Can you also include the
query your are performing against your shapefile.

Thanks,

Justin

--
Justin Deoliveira
The Open Planning Project

Re: help

Brent Owens
Sometimes the FeatureTypes will not render correctly if you are not
using an appropriate style. In the FeatureType editor, what style did
you assign your shapefile?

Here is a tutorial on styles but it also describes how to set one up
with your FeatureType:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/SLD+Intro+Tutorial

Brent Owens
TOPP