harvester assigning OAI-PMH record identifier to geonetwork record's identifier

harvester assigning OAI-PMH record identifier to geonetwork record's identifier

George Sattler
Hi Geonetwork Users List

I have a question about the behavior of OAI/PMH harvesting.

I am harvesting from an OAI/PMH provider endpoint and the result in my geonetwork instance (I've tested in both geonetwork 2 and 3) is that the identifier that is being assigned is value of <identifier> instead of the value of the <fileIdentifier> in the metadata record that's being harvested.

<!-- e.g. xml from oai-pmh provider -->
<record>
  <header>
    <identifier>example-identifier-123</identifier>
    <datestamp>2019-01-15T02:43:25Z</datestamp>
    <setSpec>iso-aodn</setSpec>
  </header>
  <metadata>
    <gmd:fileIdentifier>
      <gco:CharacterString>90e010e3-d49f-44fc-8173-4a8ce396451c</gco:CharacterString>
    </gmd:fileIdentifier>
  </metadata>
</record>

Would someone be able to tell me if this is expected behaviour or should it actually be assigning the value from <fileIdentifier> ?

Thanks very much

George