gvSIG Mini GSoC weekly report

Fernando Pinotti
Hi all,

I send this mail to introduce myself as a selected student for the Google Summer of Code.

During this summer I will develop the gvSIG Mini GPE bindings in order to support GPX and KML files.

All the code will be publicly visible at this SVN [1], the documentation at [2] and the weekly logs of my progress at [3]

[1] https://svn.prodevelop.es/public/gvsigmini/gvsig_mini_gpe
[2] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Add+support+to+vector+data+formats
[3] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Weekly+log

Regards,

Fernando.

Re: gvSIG Mini GSoC weekly report

Carlos Sánchez Periñán

Welcome to gvSIG Fernando.

Good news for gvSIG!!

I’ll follow your progress very close, and try to help you as much as I can.

Good Luck!

Carlos Sánchez Periñán

GIS Developer

PRODEVELOP S.L.

Pza Don Juan de Villarrasa 14.

46001 Valencia

Tel. 963510612

Re: gvSIG Mini GSoC weekly report

Jorge Piera Llodrá
Hello Fernando.

I've had a look to the weekly logs of your web page, and I've seen thta you have "two" problems with the KML support. The first one is related with the KML version that the KML parser is able to open. The current version of the parser that is located on the GPE trunk supports KML 2.2, the latest version of KML. This parser is included in gvSIG Desktop 2.0. It also includes support to read the attributes of a feature.

The trunk of gvSIG mobile compiles with the trunk of GPE. I recommend that you get the code for the GPE trunk and tries to adapt the GPX code to this code. In this case your parser will works with both gvSIG Desktop 2.0 and the future gvSIG Mobile 1.0.

Regards,
Jorge

On 05/22/2011 07:54 PM, Fernando Pinotti wrote:
Hi all,

I send this mail to introduce myself as a selected student for the Google Summer of Code.

During this summer I will develop the gvSIG Mini GPE bindings in order to support GPX and KML files.

All the code will be publicly visible at this SVN [1], the documentation at [2] and the weekly logs of my progress at [3]

[1] https://svn.prodevelop.es/public/gvsigmini/gvsig_mini_gpe
[2] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Add+support+to+vector+data+formats
[3] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Weekly+log

Regards,

Fernando.

Jorge Piera Llodrá
gvSIG Development Team
PRODEVELOP
Plaza Don Juan de Villarrasa, 14 - 5
46001 Valencia
Tel: +34 963510612
Fax: +34 963510908
e-mail: [hidden email]
http://www.prodevelop.es
http://www.gvsig.org

Re: gvSIG Mini GSoC weekly report

Fernando Pinotti
Hi,

well there's no need to post my problems here then :).

I'll follow your suggestions and try to adapt this week the GPX code to GPE. I'll ask the list if I have any problem.

Thanks,

Fernando.