grass

jaini
hi,
 After executing the following steps for shortest path in grass i get below error:
echo "update roads set travelcost=5 where cat=1" | db.execute
echo "update roads set travelcost=20 where cat=2" | db.execute
echo "update roads set travelcost=40 where cat=3" | db.execute
echo "update roads set travelcost=60 where cat=4" | db.execute
echo "update roads set travelcost=80 where cat=5" | db.execute
echo "select * from roads" | db.select

Then we can run the 'd.path' with our assigned travel costs:

d.path map=roads afcol=travelcost abcol=travelcost

error:Building graph:
ERROR: Column type not supported

Can anyone help me out with this

Re: grass

Markus Neteler
ec.jkd,

note: the new list address is <[hidden email]>.

On Jan 2, 2008 6:57 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>  After executing the following steps for shortest path in grass i get below error:
> echo "update roads set travelcost=5 where cat=1" | db.execute
> echo "update roads set travelcost=20 where cat=2" | db.execute
> echo "update roads set travelcost=40 where cat=3" | db.execute
> echo "update roads set travelcost=60 where cat=4" | db.execute
> echo "update roads set travelcost=80 where cat=5" | db.execute
> echo "select * from roads" | db.select
>
> Then we can run the 'd.path' with our assigned travel costs:
>
> d.path map=roads afcol=travelcost abcol=travelcost
>
> error:Building graph:
> ERROR: Column type not supported

what does
  v.info -c roads
say? Which GRASS version do you use?

Markus

PS: please use a reasonable email subject instead of "grass"