grass 6.4.0rc6

Helmut Kudrnovsky
>Hi,

>>> Any objections that I go ahead and package RC6?
> >no, more like strong +1 for RC6...
> >Martin

from the grass-windows-point-of-view:

I've tested in the last days a lot the issues in
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908

r40857 (see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908#comment:9) should be
backported to grass64. g.mkfontcap with this fixes is working outside a
grass-session.

IMHO the improvements for the WinGrass-Installer (or some modifications of them) in
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/986/Grass65_WinGrassInstaller_enhancement.patch
should also go into RC6.

otherwise I can't see any obvious issues from grass-windows-point-of-view against
a RC6.

best regards
Helmut

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
best regards
Helmut

Re: grass 6.4.0rc6

Paul Kelly
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> from the grass-windows-point-of-view:
>
> I've tested in the last days a lot the issues in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908
>
> r40857 (see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/908#comment:9) should be
> backported to grass64. g.mkfontcap with this fixes is working outside a
> grass-session.

Just to note, the Linux install script (binaryInstall.src) runs
g.mkfontcap outside of a GRASS session by simply setting GISRC to a junk
value:

GISBASE="$DESTDIR" GISRC=junk LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR="${DESTDIR}/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR" "${DESTDIR}/bin/g.mkfontcap" -o

(In Windows the equivalent would be to run the command
set GISRC=junk
before running g.mkfontcap)
Not 100% sure if that's relevant here, but thought it might be worth
mentioning to give some context.

Paul

Re: grass 6.4.0rc6

Michael Barton

On Mar 6, 2010, at 3:14 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 19:51:37 +0100
> From: Martin Landa <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] grass 6.4.0rc6
> To: Hamish <[hidden email]>
> Cc: GRASS developers list <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,

>>> The week is almost over... no feedback.
>>> Any objections that I go ahead and package RC6?
>
> no, more like strong +1 for RC6...
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

I went through wxGUI trac reports for 6.4 and can't find anything remaining that is critical.

Go for it

+1

grass-dev mailing list