gradicule

Stephen Crawford
Is there a way to draw (and reproject) a gradicule with the WMS....short of
creating a feature dataset the mimics a gradicule?

Thanks Again,
Steve

Stephen Crawford
Center for Environmental Informatics
GeoVISTA Center
The Pennsylvania State University
814.865.9905

Re: gradicule

Chris Holmes-2
No, but there is some code that might get you started.  It'd be great if
we could just add a graticule layer in, and I think the basics are done,
but no integration to geoserver.  There's a JIRA at:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-600 that has the code to do it, and
a user on the list included a sample on how to use it:

Here its the code for using the module:

          MapLayer ml = null;

         GraticuleFeatureCollection gfc = null;

         try
         {
             Groperties g = new
Groperties("org/geotools/graticule/graticule-spacer.properties");
             GraticuleSpacer gs = new
GraticuleSpacer(org.geotools.referencing.crs.DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84, new
GraticuleSpacer.DdmSpacings(g).getSpacings());
             gfc = new GraticuleFeatureCollection(gs);
             gfc.setViewport(envelope);
             gfc.setDeviceSpace(rectangle);
             ml = new DefaultMapLayer(gfc.collection(), style);
             gfc = null;
             gs = null;
             g = null;
         }
         catch(Exception ex)
         {
             ex.printStackTrace();
         }

If you're interesting in integrating in to GeoServer let me know and
I'll think on how we should go about doing so...

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project

cholmes.vcf (281 bytes) Download Attachment