getting started with map guide os and java

getting started with map guide os and java

Smith Roman

Hi everyone,

I am new to map guide os. I will like to know how i can getting started with map guide os and java. I have good java skills. I program with netbeans but can also use eclipse

Most of the links i have seen are php based. Yet to see any tutorial in java yet.

I am interested in using jsp at the server side and fusion in the client side. (also want to combine this with meastro too). Don't know javascript yet but i have started learning.

Re: getting started with map guide os and java

Jackie Ng
I'm afraid that of the 3 platforms (.net, Java, PHP), Java is the least popular one.

So in terms of sample code, documentation and developer experience/testimonies, the Java-related content is really barren and may not reflect proper Java development practices. The 2.4 installer includes some Java sample code which may or may not be of any help.

From my own experiences at working with the Java MapGuide API, I've just stuck with a good old text editor.

- Jackie