getcapabilities problem

Bertrand Pau

Hi,

I made a WMS server with MapServer to publish data on France boundaries (epsg 27582).

On many WMS client the server (1.1.1 version) seems to work fine (example with PHP WMS at http://mapserver.refractions.net/phpwms/phpwms-rel/, or win32 clients…), but with Mapbender I’v got the message “error no valid capabilities document”… is there a param, or metadata to fix ?

any ideas is appreciated…

thanks a lot

Bertrand PAU

Géosignal

Re: getcapabilities problem

Arnulf
Bertrand Pau wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I made a WMS server with MapServer to publish data on France boundaries
> (epsg 27582).
>
> On many WMS client the server (1.1.1 version) seems to work fine
> (example with PHP WMS at
> http://mapserver.refractions.net/phpwms/phpwms-rel/, or win32 clients…),
> but with Mapbender I’v got the message “error no valid capabilities
> document”… is there a param, or metadata to fix ?
>
> any ideas is appreciated…
>
> thanks a lot
>

> Bertrand PAU
>
> Géosignal

Hi,
have you been using the Mapbender Portal or have you installed your own
copy? If you did the latter maybe you have to allow the server to get
documents from outside of your domain by changing the PHP.INI
configuration file parameter allow_url_fopen. Read the details here:
http://wms1.ccgis.de/ewiki/index.php?id=allow_url_fopen

If you could provide us (on- or offlist) with the capabilities URL we
can check in more detail.

Best,