geoserver- php- limitations

dimdeld
 Hello

I have a folder with over 3000 shapefiles. Also I have a mysql database  with an interface written in php.
Each ID in my database corresponds to a shapefile. The plan is to manage to select a group of ID in the database and at the same time to select the corresponding combination of shapefiles which must be "published" in the geoserver viewer.

Is there any limitation in geoserver regarding the number of shapefiles inserted in a workspace or in a group layer  (I have over 3000shp)?

Does anyone has any experience interacting with php and geoserver