geoserver gwc s3 plugin

devtedd
I've not used a mailing list before so apologies if this is the wrong approach.

But I am trying to use an s3 bucket with geoserver 2.8.2 and integrated gwc 1.8.1, the s3 functionality looks to be missing from the integrated gwc but is included in the standalone version.

I think that I need the S3 plugin for geoserver but I can't find the plugin anywhere, the documentation http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/gwc-s3/index.html says that it can be found in the builds, but I seriously can't find the download.

Any pointers would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

Re: geoserver gwc s3 plugin

Ian Turton
The code is still in the build (src/community/gwc-s3) but it doesn't seem to be being released into the artifacts I'm not sure why as it should be.

Easiest fix is to check out the code and compile it locally,

Ian

On 2 March 2016 at 11:37, Dev Tedd <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've not used a mailing list before so apologies if this is the wrong approach.

But I am trying to use an s3 bucket with geoserver 2.8.2 and integrated gwc 1.8.1, the s3 functionality looks to be missing from the integrated gwc but is included in the standalone version.

I think that I need the S3 plugin for geoserver but I can't find the plugin anywhere, the documentation http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/gwc-s3/index.html says that it can be found in the builds, but I seriously can't find the download.

Any pointers would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

Ian Turton

Re: geoserver gwc s3 plugin

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. I investigated and
found that several community plugins had malformed assembly descriptor
ids, which caused their zip files to not be published with other
plugins. I have fixed these descriptors on master, 2.8.x, and 2.7.x.
Affected plugins should now be published when the next nightly build
runs for each branch. Note that the gwc-s3 plugin is only included for
master and 2.8.x.

The next publication of community plugins for 2.8.x should be occur in
about 19 hours at 16:22 UTC:
http://ares.opengeo.org/geoserver/2.8.x/community-latest/

I am pleased to report that I manually tested the GeoServer gwc-s3
functionality a few weeks ago and it worked well with both AWS and a
third-party provider with an S3-compatible endpoint.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 03/03/16 00:37, Dev Tedd wrote:

> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/183031/using-s3-as-a-geowebcache-blob-store
>
> I've not used a mailing list before so apologies if this is the wrong
> approach.
>
> But I am trying to use an s3 bucket with geoserver 2.8.2 and integrated gwc
> 1.8.1, the s3 functionality looks to be missing from the integrated gwc but
> is included in the standalone version.
>
> I think that I need the S3 plugin for geoserver but I can't find the plugin
> anywhere, the documentation
> http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/gwc-s3/index.html says
> that it can be found in the builds, but I seriously can't find the download.
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated,
>
> Thanks.

Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director