geoserver behind proxy with simple basic auth?

geoserver behind proxy with simple basic auth?

Dr. Marco Lechner
Hi,

we are running a trestinstance of Geoserver behind an apache proxy. The
apache proxy is configured to use simple basic auth with static
user:password credentials. the service of the workspace protected that
way is accesible without any credentials. If I try to access the service
through the proxy i succesfully authenticate at the apache proxy but a
second password window appears from "Geoserver Realm". So Geoserver
seems to ask for credentials even the requested URL the proxy is
pointing at should be requestable without that.

Not sure about what happens here. Could it be that Geoservers sees the
authentication and tries to use it (even it is not necessary for the
requested url) but can not use it succesfully?

How to overcome this?

http://foo:8008/geoserver/bar/wfs?service=wfs&request=getCapabilities -> 200

https://proxy/geoserver-bar/wfs?service=wfs&request=getCapabilities ->
jumping between "apache basic auth" and "Geoserver Realm authentication"

Proxy-Chain-Auth is set Off.

Marco

--
Dr. Marco Lechner
Bundesamt fuer Strahlenschutz / Federal Office for Radiation Protection

--
Hinweis zu Anhängen die auf .p7m/.p7c/.p7s oder .asc/.asc.sig enden:
Die .p7?- und .asc-Dateien sind ungefährliche Signaturdateien (digitale

In E-Mail-Clients ohne S/MIME Konfiguration oder PGP-Erweiterung
erscheinen die Dateien als Anhang und können ignoriert werden.

0xD733400E.asc (3K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: geoserver behind proxy with simple basic auth?

Dr. Marco Lechner
Sorry wrong list :-)