geoserver 2.1beta2 poi picture render not clear

geoserver 2.1beta2 poi picture render not clear

Monton
After render road's label I think it's not clearly from original so I would like to know how to solve this problem.
Thank you

geoserver 2.1 beta 2
ubuntu server 10.10

Re: geoserver 2.1beta2 poi picture render not clear

geowolf
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Monton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After render road's label I think it's not clearly from original so I would
> like to know how to solve this problem.
> Thank you
>
> geoserver 2.1 beta 2
> ubuntu server 10.10
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p30470716/Untitled.jpg
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p30470716/road1_1.png

As far as I can see from the images you're having GeoServer resize
and stretch that image to different scales and form factors.
Since that is done at the raster level I'd say the results look very
good, GeoServer 2.0.x would have garbled the images much more
(besides, it looks like you're using dynamic icon stretching,
 that was not available in 2.o.x)
If you want them to look even better use a SVG icon instead

Cheers
Andrea

Ing. Andrea Aime
Senior Software Engineer