georeferencing raster GDAL - PLUGIN

Azzurra Lentini-2
Hi to all,
just an observation regarding the plugin georeferencing.
A premise: since years I am using Qgis instead arcgis and I am really
happy of this software and I think your project is great,
congratulations and many many thanks!!
However the only operation I am still doing in arcgis instead of qgis
is the georeferencing of raster maps (I never tried the georeferencing
of vector), so I would like to understand if there is another plugin
or another way of georeferencing of raster maps using qgis (I am using
GEOREFERENCING raster GDAL).
The problem is for example that in qgis during the georeferencing I
can not see the 2 two maps together and this make the georeferencing
very long and difficult, on the contrary in arcgis I see the maps
together and georeferencing is faster and easy.
So I would like to understand if I am not using properly the command
or if there is another solution.
Thank you.
Azzurra

Re: georeferencing raster GDAL - PLUGIN

Nicolas Cadieux
Hi,
Have not tried it yet.

“Users can now choose to avoid the automatic georeferencer window minimisation which occurs when adding new control points from the map canvas. This behaviour can be annoying on multi-monitor setups where it can be desirable to have both windows visible while adding points.

This feature was developed by Nyall Dawson (North Road)

Nicolas

Le 13 juill. 2019 à 05:44, Azzurra Lentini <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi to all,
just an observation regarding the plugin georeferencing.
A premise: since years I am using Qgis instead arcgis and I am really happy of this software and I think your project is great, congratulations and many many thanks!!
However the only operation I am still doing in arcgis instead of qgis is the georeferencing of raster maps (I never tried the georeferencing of vector), so I would like to understand if there is another plugin or another way of georeferencing of raster maps using qgis (I am using GEOREFERENCING raster GDAL).