geopython 2017

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

geopython 2017

Jachym Cepicky
Hi guys,

anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
community meeting again?

Jachym

[1] https://2017.geopython.net/
--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
twitter: @jachymc
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus-2
Hi

No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat

I will have to help on  a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
(http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
mainly for Spanish speakers.


I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017

J


On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
> community meeting again?
>
> Jachym
>
> [1] https://2017.geopython.net/

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jachym Cepicky
IMHo we should try to submit talk together with paper to "Journal of
Geopython" - anybody interested to do it on his/her name? I'm probably
going this year with another topic (but can submit two talks and talk to
Martin, that PyWPS is more important to me).

J


Dne 30.1.2017 v 11:36 Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus napsal(a):

> Hi
>
> No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
> will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat
>
> I will have to help on  a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
> Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
> (http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
> mainly for Spanish speakers.
>
>
> I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
> methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017
>
> J
>
>
> On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
>> community meeting again?
>>
>> Jachym
>>
>> [1] https://2017.geopython.net/
>

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
twitter: @jachymc
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jachym Cepicky
In reply to this post by Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus-2
FYI I've just submitted workshop of PyWPS 4

J

Dne 30.1.2017 v 11:36 Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus napsal(a):

> Hi
>
> No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
> will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat
>
> I will have to help on  a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
> Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
> (http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
> mainly for Spanish speakers.
>
>
> I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
> methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017
>
> J
>
>
> On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
>> community meeting again?
>>
>> Jachym
>>
>> [1] https://2017.geopython.net/
>

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
twitter: @jachymc
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus-2
In reply to this post by Jachym Cepicky
Hi Jachym

I am a bit tight with time until the 15 Fev to write an abstract, what
are your ideas concerning the pywps presentation??? I dont have a
problem on doing the majority of the work and then you (or someone else)
do the presentation, I will have more time from the 15th Fev

Maybe do some benchmarking between different python interpreters, docker
deployments / orchestration, any ideas ?


J.


On 30-01-17 12:00, Jáchym Čepický wrote:

> IMHo we should try to submit talk together with paper to "Journal of
> Geopython" - anybody interested to do it on his/her name? I'm probably
> going this year with another topic (but can submit two talks and talk
> to Martin, that PyWPS is more important to me).
>
> J
>
>
> Dne 30.1.2017 v 11:36 Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus napsal(a):
>> Hi
>>
>> No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
>> will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat
>>
>> I will have to help on  a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
>> Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
>> (http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
>> mainly for Spanish speakers.
>>
>>
>> I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
>> methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017
>>
>> J
>>
>>
>> On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
>>> community meeting again?
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> [1] https://2017.geopython.net/
>>
>

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Hi everyone,

I will be at the conference, not 100% sure, but very likely. We should definitely have a presentation on PyWPS, but preferably different from last year. I can write up an abstract, but better if we can come up with some meaningful content.  I see a few options:

1. We target the geeks, with the topics Jorge already described: docker, nginx, ochestration, etc.

2. We target basic users, with best practices and examples, e.g. how to publish your R script with PyWPS, the same with GRASS, etc.

3. We describe more technical aspects of what we already have: alchemy, the database logging system, REST, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'll write and submit the abstract tomorrow evening. I'll also check the tick box for a peer reviewed paper. We can surely write it up before April.

Cheers.
--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] geopython 2017
Local Time: January 30, 2017 5:19 PM
UTC Time: January 30, 2017 4:19 PM
To: Jáchym Čepický <[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Hi Jachym

I am a bit tight with time until the 15 Fev to write an abstract, what
are your ideas concerning the pywps presentation??? I dont have a
problem on doing the majority of the work and then you (or someone else)
do the presentation, I will have more time from the 15th Fev

Maybe do some benchmarking between different python interpreters, docker
deployments / orchestration, any ideas ?


J.


On 30-01-17 12:00, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
> IMHo we should try to submit talk together with paper to "Journal of
> Geopython" - anybody interested to do it on his/her name? I'm probably
> going this year with another topic (but can submit two talks and talk
> to Martin, that PyWPS is more important to me).
>
> J
>
>
> Dne 30.1.2017 v 11:36 Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus napsal(a):
>> Hi
>>
>> No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
>> will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat
>>
>> I will have to help on a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
>> Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
>> (http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
>> mainly for Spanish speakers.
>>
>>
>> I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
>> methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017
>>
>> J
>>
>>
>> On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
>>> community meeting again?
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>> [1] https://2017.geopython.net/
>>
>

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev


_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus-2

Hi

IMHO I would like to see 3 and/or 1 (well of course I am biased for docker and how to deal with heavy server loads), I am personally very interested on the REST of pywps since I know nothing

1) docker, nginx, ochestration, etc.

+1

2) how to publish your R script with PyWPS, the same with GRASS, etc.

0

3) alchemy, the database logging system, REST, etc.

+1




On 30-01-17 20:28, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa wrote:
Hi everyone,

I will be at the conference, not 100% sure, but very likely. We should definitely have a presentation on PyWPS, but preferably different from last year. I can write up an abstract, but better if we can come up with some meaningful content.  I see a few options:

1. We target the geeks, with the topics Jorge already described: docker, nginx, ochestration, etc.

2. We target basic users, with best practices and examples, e.g. how to publish your R script with PyWPS, the same with GRASS, etc.

3. We describe more technical aspects of what we already have: alchemy, the database logging system, REST, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'll write and submit the abstract tomorrow evening. I'll also check the tick box for a peer reviewed paper. We can surely write it up before April.

Cheers.
--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] geopython 2017
Local Time: January 30, 2017 5:19 PM
UTC Time: January 30, 2017 4:19 PM

Hi Jachym

I am a bit tight with time until the 15 Fev to write an abstract, what
are your ideas concerning the pywps presentation??? I dont have a
problem on doing the majority of the work and then you (or someone else)
do the presentation, I will have more time from the 15th Fev

Maybe do some benchmarking between different python interpreters, docker
deployments / orchestration, any ideas ?


J.


On 30-01-17 12:00, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
> IMHo we should try to submit talk together with paper to "Journal of
> Geopython" - anybody interested to do it on his/her name? I'm probably
> going this year with another topic (but can submit two talks and talk
> to Martin, that PyWPS is more important to me).
>
> J
>
>
> Dne 30.1.2017 v 11:36 Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus napsal(a):
>> Hi
>>
>> No I will not attend since it is to expensive and I am not certain what
>> will happen with my agenda when I start work in Geocat
>>
>> I will have to help on a workshop (docker stuff together with Joana
>> Simoes) on 11as Jornadas de SIG Libre de Girona (1-2Jun)
>> (http://www.sigte.udg.edu) concerning docker. This is a conference
>> mainly for Spanish speakers.
>>
>>
>> I could submit an abstract about pywps4.0 and some benchmarks /
>> methodologies the deadline is 15 fev 2017
>>
>> J
>>
>>
>> On 27-01-17 21:34, Jáchym Čepický wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> anybody goes to GeoPython conference this year? Shell we organize
>>> community meeting again?
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>
>>
>

--
ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list


-- 
ISRIC - World Soil Information 
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101), 
Office: C.013 
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus) 
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A

_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Fine for me. We just need to make sure the article does not end up being just a technical report. The title could be something like: "Advanced features in PyWPS". For the presentation I believe it wont be too hard.

Any other thoughts on this?

Cheers.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] geopython 2017
Local Time: January 31, 2017 9:56 AM
UTC Time: January 31, 2017 8:56 AM
To: Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]>


Hi

IMHO I would like to see 3 and/or 1 (well of course I am biased for docker and how to deal with heavy server loads), I am personally very interested on the REST of pywps since I know nothing

1) docker, nginx, ochestration, etc.

+1

2) how to publish your R script with PyWPS, the same with GRASS, etc.

0

3) alchemy, the database logging system, REST, etc.

+1



_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Jachym Cepicky
Guys,

I agree with both of you. However, I'm focused now on new job, therefore
my creative capacity for the abstract proposal will be most likely
exhausted. If we agree on what we would like to present and some work
will need to be done still, I could find some time and hack it to PyWPS
code base, if the feature might be missing.

Not very helpful, I guess

J

Dne 31.1.2017 v 20:42 Luí­s Moreira de Sousa napsal(a):

> Fine for me. We just need to make sure the article does not end up being
> just a technical report. The title could be something like: "Advanced
> features in PyWPS". For the presentation I believe it wont be too hard.
>
> Any other thoughts on this?
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Luís Moreira de Sousa
> Im Grund 6
> CH-8600 Dübendorf
> Switzerland
>
> Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65
> Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> URL: https://sites.google.com/site/luismoreiradesousa
>
>
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: Re: [Pywps-dev] geopython 2017
>> Local Time: January 31, 2017 9:56 AM
>> UTC Time: January 31, 2017 8:56 AM
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: Luí­s Moreira de Sousa <[hidden email]>
>> Jáchym Čepický <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
>> <[hidden email]>
>>
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> IMHO I would like to see 3 and/or 1 (well of course I am biased for
>> docker and how to deal with heavy server loads), I am personally very
>> interested on the REST of pywps since I know nothing
>>
>> 1) docker, nginx, ochestration, etc.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> 2) how to publish your R script with PyWPS, the same with GRASS, etc.
>>
>> 0
>>
>> 3) alchemy, the database logging system, REST, etc.
>>
>> +1
>>
>

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: [hidden email]
twitter: @jachymc
_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: geopython 2017

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
In reply to this post by Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Hi everyone,

We have to submit an abstract in four days. Below I list a number of items to become sections in the paper. Please let me know to which of these you wish to contribute:

1. Docker
2. Nginx
3. Orchestration
4. Alchemy
5. Database logging
6. REST
7. (something else, say what)

I will then pull an abstract together.

Regards.

--

Luís Moreira de Sousa
Im Grund 6
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)79 812 62 65



_______________________________________________
pywps-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/pywps-dev