geonode 2.8 updatelayers error

andresj
Hello everyone

I just installed stable version 2.8 using APT in Ubuntu 16.04 also newly installed. Geonode works and I can load layers, edit metadata, etc.
I have found two problems, perhaps related:
1- When viewing the layer information, the preview takes me to an erroneous extension, however if I look for the location manually the layer looks correct. The same happens when creating a map with any layer.

2- I have connected in geoserver another postgis database and published several layers. When executing "updatelayers" it shows me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/django-admin", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('Django==1.8.19', 'console_scripts', 'django-admin')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 354, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 346, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 394, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 445, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/management/commands/updatelayers.py", line 122, in handle
    execute_signals=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py", line 614, in gs_slurp
    "srid": resource.srid
Exception: ('Failed to process ancho_calle', AttributeError("'FeatureType' object has no attribute 'srid'",))

The same happens with the layers loaded by the Geonode interface, it shows the same error.

What can I do to solve it?
Greetings and thanks in advance.
--
   Andrés Juarez

Re: geonode 2.8 updatelayers error

Alessio Fabiani-2
Yep,
this issue has been fixed on master branch (future 2.8.1 version).

For a quick fix just do

vim  /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/geoserver/helpers.py

-- go to line  614

replace

    "srid": resource.srid

with

    "srid": resource.projection

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

[...]

Thanks Alessio
This solved the problem in "uploadlayers".

The zoom to the layer extension still shows incorrectly.
Can it be solved in a simple way?

Thank you again!

[...]

Hello,
on the maps you can apply this fix here (should be easy)

If you would like to allow GeoNode storing (and managing) the original bbox/srid, you should consider this one also

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

[...]

DanielV
I'm affected by the same issues reported by Andres. The problem is that Iḿ using GeoNode to provide WMS to a service that will go online in a couple of weeks. So the questions are:

Will these fixes make it to an apt-package? Or do I need to implement them by hand?
If they make it to a package, will `apt-get update & apt-get upgrade` install everything from scratch?

Cheers
Daniel

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
on the maps you can apply this fix here (should be easy)

If you would like to allow GeoNode storing (and managing) the original bbox/srid, you should consider this one also

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:     <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob:   <a href="tel:+39%20331%20623%203686" value="+393316233686" target="_blank">+39 331 6233686

[...]

Until we don't find resources to refactor apt packaging, apt upgrade would override everything.

As far as I know the current deb package does not envisage a method to just upgrade the code. This is something that definitely we should implement.

At this time the only way to update the code-base would be manually. Nevertheless this is quite easy to achieve, just few commands, from version 2.7 and above.

Regards,

Alessio Fabiani

==
==

[...]

olivier
Hi !

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 4:10 AM, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:
this issue has been fixed on master branch (future 2.8.1 version)

Could you create the 2.8.x branch ? It's not very clear what's going on currently with 2.7.x (still getting commits it seems), 2.8.0 (shouldn't that be a tag? but it also got a commit after release), and master branch.

Thanks !

Olivier

Re: geonode 2.8 updatelayers error

Alessio Fabiani-2