geonetwork code of conduct

jody.garnett
Quick question:

The GitHub repo (https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork) does not have a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md file (as shown by https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/community summary).

Checking the website (https://geonetwork-opensource.org/community.html) I do not see a code of conduct so perhaps one has not been selected?

OSGeo board directed all committees and projects to adopt a code of conduct previously, see https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/ page which recommends the same https://www.contributor-covenant.org/ document as GitHub.

aside: While having a code of conduct is important, many teams did not want to put in the effort to define and maintain their own, in true open source fashion a couple shared documents have been produced by the wider open source community.

Enacting one of these for your repository does require some though with respect to a contact person. I would recommend the project's osgeo officer as they already have a formal relationship with the foundation.

--
Jody Garnett

Re: geonetwork code of conduct

jody.garnett
Francois:

There is a button in the github user interface to make the default CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md.

This is a case where a PSC member needs to act (I cannot do it for you). Please do so before the September 10th OSGeo AGM meeting (or it would be one of the things the board would bring up).

If you would like here is an example of the contributor-convenant applied for GeoServer https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md This example has the project officer (Simone Giannecchini) as the contact person.
--
Jody Garnett

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 23:14, Francois Prunayre <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jose Garcia
Hi

+1 for me. If it sounds fine, Jeroen can be added as the contact person.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:51 AM Francois Prunayre <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,

Jose García

Veenderweg 13
6721 WD Bennekom
The Netherlands
T: <a href="tel:+31318416664" style="font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif" target="_blank">+31 (0)318 416664

Re: geonetwork code of conduct

jody.garnett
If discussion is complete I have created a PR here https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/5026

I listed both Jeroen and the OSGeo contact details.
--
Jody Garnett