#geonetwork IRC forum web option changed

#geonetwork IRC forum web option changed

Jeroen Ticheler - GeoCat
Hi all,

For quite some time http://geonetwork-opensource.org offered a link in
the Connect! section (top right) to open a web based Internet relay
Chat (IRC) to start discussing on the #geonetwork IRC channel with
other GeoNetwork users and developers. The website that provided this
function has been blocked by freenode because of abuse. Freenode now
offers a web based alternative. I have updated the link accordingly.

You can access the web based IRC forum through this link:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geonetwork

Obviously you can as always also connect to the forum using an IRC
software. There are many different software available, so I won't go
into detail about that here.

The channel name is: #geonetwork
and runs on: irc://irc.freenode.net/geonetwork

Greetings,
Jeroen