geoTiFF problem

Marta IP. Medeiros

Hi List,

We are having a problem with our geoTiFF images. We have one image for each island, some are in epsg:5015, other in epsg:5014. Everting works fine with each single one but when they are all together in a layer group with CRS 5013 defined, some parts of the islands are “cut” at a specific zoom and position (picture 1). In picture 2, I change the positon of some island to get them right.

Can you help me to solve this situation?

Best Regards,

Marta

picture1.png (44K) Download Attachment
picture2.png (38K) Download Attachment

Re: geoTiFF problem

jody.garnett
Can I ask if the images have transparency? It looks like the background of some images is opaque - and then with the images are drawn (in the draw order defined by the layer group) they overlap. You can experiment with the draw order to confirm this.

You can actually get more fine grain control if you set up your images as a single image mosaic (including the ability to mark "white" as a transparent). It is okay that the individual images are in different projections.
--
Jody Garnett

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 at 07:45, Marta IP. Medeiros <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi List,

We are having a problem with our geoTiFF images. We have one image for each island, some are in epsg:5015, other in epsg:5014. Everting works fine with each single one but when they are all together in a layer group with CRS 5013 defined, some parts of the islands are “cut” at a specific zoom and position (picture 1). In picture 2, I change the positon of some island to get them right.

Can you help me to solve this situation?

Best Regards,

Marta

Re: geoTiFF problem

Marta IP. Medeiros

Hi Jody,

I did as you suggested, using the single image mosaic, but it gives an error when uploading all the images in esps:5013 (image1). So I created two single image mosaic one for the islands in espsg: 5015 and the other for espsg: 5014 and then I created the layer group. I don´t know if it is the best solution, but it looks better now.

Many thanks for your help

Marta

[...]

image1.png (116K) Download Attachment