gdalwarp and proj.4

gary-96
I'm running gdalwarp and getting the error message
ERROR6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so) ...

Any clues how to fix this?

PS: Moderator, please ignore my other message. I sent it from the wrong
account and it got flagged.

Re: gdalwarp and proj.4

gary-96
I hate to be a pain here, but is this problem unsolvable?

gary wrote:

> I'm running gdalwarp and getting the error message
> ERROR6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so) ...
>
> Any clues how to fix this?
>
> PS: Moderator, please ignore my other message. I sent it from the wrong
> account and it got flagged.

Re: gdalwarp and proj.4

HamishB
> I hate to be a pain here, but is this problem unsolvable?
>
> gary wrote:
> > I'm running gdalwarp and getting the error message
> > ERROR6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so) ...
> >
> > Any clues how to fix this?

GDAL can't find the PROJ libary.

is proj installed fully & correctly?
do you have a file called "libproj.so"?

e.g.
/usr/lib/libproj.so
or
/usr/local/lib/libproj.so

if you have something "close" but not the actual name, you may need to
make a symlink,
ln -s /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 /usr/local/lib/libproj.so

if you have
/usr/local/lib/libproj.so

but it just doesn't work, check that "/usr/local/lib/" is listed in
/etc/ld.so.conf

If it isn't, add it to the end of that file and then run ldconfig as root.

good luck,
Hamish

Re: gdalwarp and proj.4

Mateusz Loskot
Hamish wrote:
> if you have /usr/local/lib/libproj.so
>
> but it just doesn't work, check that "/usr/local/lib/" is listed in
> /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> If it isn't, add it to the end of that file and then run ldconfig as
> root.

To Gary:
Also, after those steps above, check if ldconfig sees this PROJ's library:

$ ldconfig -p | grep libproj

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot