gdalsplit error on compile with gdal-1.2.6

gdalsplit error on compile with gdal-1.2.6

Marco Vieira
Hi all:
   I can compile the Homme Zwaagstra's gdalsplit.cpp with gdal-1.2.0
without errors, but when I compile with gdal-1.2.6 I got this error:

gcc -o gdalsplit -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/include -ltiff gdalsplit.cpp -Wall
returns:

gdalsplit.cpp: In function `CPLErr CopyRasterBand(GDALDataset*, GDALDataset*,
   int, int, int, int, int)':
gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: `AddSimpleSource' undeclared (first use this
   function)
gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for
   each function it appears in.)

Whats happen? The header files appear to be OK.

Marco Vieira.
Fone:    + 55 51 9101-1267

Re: gdalsplit error on compile with gdal-1.2.6

Frank Warmerdam-2
On 6/15/05, Marco Vieira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all:
>    I can compile the Homme Zwaagstra's gdalsplit.cpp with gdal-1.2.0
> without errors, but when I compile with gdal-1.2.6 I got this error:
>
> gcc -o gdalsplit -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/include -ltiff gdalsplit.cpp -Wall
> returns:
>
> gdalsplit.cpp: In function `CPLErr CopyRasterBand(GDALDataset*, GDALDataset*,
>    int, int, int, int, int)':
> gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: `AddSimpleSource' undeclared (first use this
>    function)
> gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for
>    each function it appears in.)
>
> Whats happen? The header files appear to be OK.

Marco,

I haven't looked at gdalsplit myself, but I would guess that
it is using the VRTRasterBand.  Relatively recently this
class was altered so that the AddSimpleSource method
is on a subclass, the VRTSourcedRasterBand.  Try to
alter the code to create or cast to this class as appropriate.

Sorry for not being more specific.

Re: gdalsplit error on compile with gdal-1.2.6

Marco Vieira
Bingo!!
 Thank you Frank.

Marco Vieira.
Fone:    + 55 51 9101-1267
[hidden email]

> On 6/15/05, Marco Vieira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all:
>>    I can compile the Homme Zwaagstra's gdalsplit.cpp with gdal-1.2.0
>> without errors, but when I compile with gdal-1.2.6 I got this error:
gcc -o gdalsplit -L/usr/local/lib -lgdal -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/include -ltiff gdalsplit.cpp -Wall
>> returns:
>> gdalsplit.cpp: In function `CPLErr CopyRasterBand(GDALDataset*,
GDALDataset*,
>>    int, int, int, int, int)':
>> gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: `AddSimpleSource' undeclared (first use this
>>    function)
>> gdalsplit.cpp:237: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for

>>    each function it appears in.)
>> Whats happen? The header files appear to be OK.
>
> Marco,
>
> I haven't looked at gdalsplit myself, but I would guess that
> it is using the VRTRasterBand.  Relatively recently this
> class was altered so that the AddSimpleSource method
> is on a subclass, the VRTSourcedRasterBand.  Try to
> alter the code to create or cast to this class as appropriate.
>
> Sorry for not being more specific.
>
> Best regards,
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam,
> [hidden email]
> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam and
watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for Rent