[gdal-dev] '/vsicurl/https://` does not exist in the file system, and is not recognized as a supported dataset name.

Guy Doulberg
Hi,

We are encountering some issue with vsicurl, we are trying to use VSICURL to do range queries on rasters that are in azure blob storage,

We convert the azure blob to https, and in most cases it works well for us.

In our execution log we see the following message:

'/vsicurl/https://<a valid url>` does not exist in the file system, and is not recognized as a supported dataset name.

The message appears with different urls every now and then.

When trying to reproduce the issue in the lab we can't, the VSICURL works well with the same url.

I can't share these urls, they are pointing to our company rasters, but they look like:

https://<blob url>?sig=ddsadas&sp=r&sv=2017-04-17&se=2018-05-10T10%3A12%3A23Z&sr=b

Did any of experienced something similar,

One more thing: we are using GDAL version 1.10.1 I know it is old,
Do you know, if the issue might have been fixed in recent versions?

Thanks

Re: '/vsicurl/https://` does not exist in the file system, and is not recognized as a supported dataset name.

Even Rouault-2

Guy,

> We are encountering some issue with vsicurl, we are trying to use VSICURL

> to do range queries on rasters that are in azure blob storage,

> We convert the azure blob to https, and in most cases it works well for us.

> In our execution log we see the following message:

> '/vsicurl/https://<a valid url>` does not exist in the file system, and is

> not recognized as a supported dataset name.

> The message appears with different urls every now and then.

Couldn't that be just network access failures ?

You could try to enable curl traces by setting the CPL_CURL_VERBOSE environment variable to YES.

> One more thing: we are using GDAL version 1.10.1 I know it is old,

> Do you know, if the issue might have been fixed in recent versions?

Hard to tell if that would fix the issue you are seeing, but there have been a flow of changes in that area, including during the 2.3.0 development cycle so I'd suggest you to have a try at 2.3.0RC1

And it has native support for Azure blobs (computing automatically the signature):

http://gdal.org/gdal_virtual_file_systems.html#gdal_virtual_file_systems_vsiaz

And if the random network failures hypothsis is correct, you could test setting the GDAL_HTTP_MAX_RETRY environment variable (new to GDAL 2.3 in the /vsicurl/ and related file systems)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com